All Topics / General Property / The REA Effect

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of TJamesXTJamesX
    @tjamesx

Real Estate Agents have a tough job……

On one hand they try to convince sellers that the market is cool, they have to lower expectations, maybe even drop their asking price…. on the other hand they have to convince buyers that the market is poised ready to move, prices have come down, there’s value out there, don’t wait because they might not be this low in the future

Somewhere in the middle everyone meets and a transaction occurs – with a % going to the REA.

With the anecdotal evidence (and some stats i’ve seen around the place) that the number of sales in the market has dropped significantly, I assume REA’s are doing it pretty tough.

Does anyone think that the effect of REA’s trying to force transactions will cause any real downward pressure on prices? – or will they have to live off what they made during the boom? Or will they get another job??

??

Profile photo of dsmithdsmith
    @dsmith

Good Real Estate Agents will always do well and won’t be looking to jump ship just because the boom is over. People always buy and sell, move to a bigger / smaller place, buy for first time , divorce, etc etc. Maybe those agents who got in during the boom to make a quick buck will now get out of real estate and do whatever. Just my opinion for what its worth..

Cheers
    Danny

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

‘live off what they made in the boom’

he he, u just don’t know r/e agents do u? its all spent.

bmw’s,renting, and attitude are costly u know.

cheers

brahms
    Purveyor of Fine Finances
    aka Mortgage Broker Brisbane

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

They don’t ‘have to’ do anything. They ‘SHOULD’ be honest. They have no sympathy from me if they are doing it tough.

TMA

http://www.email4money.info
    Essential Links
    First Home Buyer Website

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.