All Topics / Help Needed! / Can you help?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 114 total)
  • Profile photo of inxsinxs
    @inxs

Steve

a good topic would be maximizing returns in a down market and investing in other states

inxs

Profile photo of kymkirkkymkirk
    @kymkirk

Hi Steve. A topic that would be of benifit to many new investers I feel would be asset protection. Possible headings could cover: Trusts, types (depending on state and territories), advantages and disadvanrages, and the advantages of having a company as trustee for the trust.

Many thanks

Kym Kirk
    Queensland

Profile photo of mapleleafmapleleaf
    @mapleleaf

Steve,

Love the forum!

I would love more info on:

1. Advertising for lease options

We are looking for creative ways to advertise beyong the “Rent to Buy” ads in the newspaper. We have brainstormed ideas (website, direct contact with REAs, flyers and mailouts…) but would love to hear what has worked for others

2. Negotiating with REAs/Vendors on purchase price and terms

We are still figuring out how to negatiate with REAs and wonder what is acceptable etiquette with submitting new offers (frequency, offer adjustments etc).

Thanks!

Mapleleaf

Achieve the Dream!

Profile photo of romylucaromyluca
    @romyluca

Hi and thanks for this opportunity..
    my questin is:

How can we possibly borrow a pi property when we only have 1 income? (which when you deduct the mortgage, expenses etc… really leaves nothing). We enquired with regards to borrowing based on equity but the repayments for both properties are impossible to repay…

Which brisbane areas might pick up in the future? We live at redcliffe and were wondering if this area may be reaching a boom at any time soon..

When?

thanking you heaps
    Romina

Profile photo of dreamscapedreamscape
    @dreamscape

Hi Steve,

Three things I feel that would be beneficial to real estate investment virgins ( like me ) would be.
    1. tips in tracking down locations in which positive cashflow properties could exist.
    2. How to know if a purchase will still be cashflow positive after incorporating all expenses , particulary if your looking for your first buy.
    3. Managing time effectively while researching property.

Regards,
    Dreamscape.

Profile photo of cathyrobcathyrob
    Participant
    @cathyrob

We would like information about the process and the pros and cons of buying property in the US or other overseas destinations.. How do we go about it? What are the tax implications?

Profile photo of ForkliftForklift
    @forklift

Hi Steve,
    First, thanks for the opportunity to be able to offer feedback/suggestions etc for the newsletter.
    I would like to “second the motion” made by Kimkirk with regard to Asset Protection. It is not much good if we learn all the ‘ins and outs’ of property investing, working hard at it and building up a sizeable portfolio only to have it taken all away from us when someone falls over and sues us. Whether it is our fault or not!

I actually came very close to having just this very thing happen to me, not so long ago, and cannot stress just how important, and little thought of by most PI’s, that a proper structure for protecting your portfolio can be. It was purely through the sheer hard work of my Lawyer & Barrister that we won the case, in the Qld Supreme Court, and that as soon as that is cleared up my Lawyer will begin setting up my asset protection structure.
    I know nothing about it yet (how to do it, what form it takes etc, etc) so getting the correct info from you will be a huge asset, too, as I can compare it to what my Lawyer suggests and be able to ask the right questions.

Cheers,

Forklift.

Profile photo of Jeffersonbc30280Jeffersonbc30280
    @jeffersonbc30280

Hi Steve

My topics would be
    1. Some tips on investing in the USA
    2. Is investing in mining towns in Australia a good idea?

Profile photo of timhelman13955timhelman13955
    @timhelman13955

Steve,
    A 1st time post for me.
    Having read all the replys to your request for topics one that has been mentioned only briefly is choosing good advisers. (eg; solicitors/ conveyancers/ accountants/ real estate agents/ finance brokers etc).
    Perhaps a list of questions you should be asking these people before employing their services.

Profile photo of bins08bins08
    Participant
    @bins08

three things that I would like to know is
    1. How to come up with the money to buy your first lot of properties
    2. Which suburb or place to start
    3.Negotiating skills

Profile photo of benderfilebenderfile
    Participant
    @benderfile

1. stuck! have 200k borrowed funds to invest and i am wasting it! NEED DIRECTION.
    2. TOO MANY CHOICES analysis paralisis
    3.consolidate or extend further? Market?[blush2]

Profile photo of ponyfireponyfire
    @ponyfire

Thanks for the opportunity Steve
    I would like some ideas on how to encourage my partner to stop procrastinating and join me on the property investing journey!?
    How do I enroll him in my burning desire and sure knowledge that we can do this?
    Thanks
    Ponyfire

Happiness is found within

Profile photo of AirJordanAirJordan
    Participant
    @airjordan

How about a topic in finding deals, hotspots, and quick research tips.

Profile photo of c788756c788756
    Participant
    @c788756

Hi Steve, David here
    just pondering what my next move should be. I am not a huge property owner have managed to double my money twice though now on capital investment by restoring and selling in two seperate three year periods as owner renovator. My wife and i just purchase our next project and are very happy with the deal and price. Bought at Auction for the first time, the property was riddled with caveats as the sale was due to a seperation of Husbond and wife. I think the ugly section 32 scared a lot of potential buyers because of the 30 odd people that showed for the Auction only Us and 1 other were bidding. As we were both there for a bargin the bidding fell well short of the asking price and the vendor had to sell that day, hence we secured a great deal. I am wondeing now whether to extend the property from 3 to 4 bedroom and sell again as the property is nearly 1020 m2, or renovate as a 3 bedroom and sell, or rent it out. My situation is i have no loan on the property thanks to my profits on the first two sales, but also have an investment property with my brother that we were trying to sell, it is currently rented out and the sale was because things are getting to complicated, this property is actually becoming a money pit.
    Any thoughts appreciated, a few topics there.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Profile photo of neilandkategormanneilandkategorman
    @neilandkategorman

Dear Steve,

the three things I’d be interested in is:

1. Advice as to whether I spend my search time searching locally or globally

2. News on where major infrastructure projects are happening/ planning to happen (that might affect rental demand) e.g. new highways, rail lines, building of new unis, hospitals etc

3. Summary of major economic indices – unemployment/ inflation/ interest rates, retail spend etc, and comparison to last year/ 5/ and 10 years

Thanks
    Neil

Profile photo of danandangdanandang
    @danandang

Hi Steve

Thanks for the opportunity,

I have just completed for the first time in my life a personal cashflow for the previous 2 years and had negative balances every month. Any tips on how to turn this around.

Hvae a good day

Profile photo of fbd1fbd1
    @fbd1

Hi Steve,
    I wouldn’t mind knowing a little more information on how to attract a joint venture or money partner and how they work. What to look out for & how to set it all up? What questions need to be asked? etc? It would be nice to know how to go about it, so that when a good investment property becomes available- one that is too much to do on my own, I know how to go about it.

Another thing I would like to know more about…more solutions to different problems. Or maybe some more senarios.

Practical tips to peoples problems?

Thanks for any advice…it is all worthwhile.
    Dianne Burns

Profile photo of joelmcmahon8435443joelmcmahon8435443
    @joelmcmahon8435443

Hi steve i reckon it would be good to have a topic devoted to stuff like no money down deals and could be perhaps targeted at younger investors things like flipping and also general wisdom on property investing i believe would be a great topic. Young people are our future

Profile photo of Asbestos Audits QueenslandAsbestos Audits Queensland
    Participant
    @aaq

Hi Steve ;
    Thanks for the opportunity to sign uo for your results program but have to pass at this time as wife has just had a baby. My query is in regard to asbestos do you get your properties checked prior as this is not a standard building inspection and by whom

Asbestos Audits Queensland | Asbestos Audits Queensland
    https://asbestosaudits.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Any asbestos questions ask me.

Profile photo of steven_shawsteven_shaw
    @steven_shaw

Hi Steve, I only just read your first two books. I enjoyed them – in particular – your second book where you explain some questions I had after the first one. I don’t know how you are still finding positive cashflow properties to buy (I note that you have changed your “second second solution” but haven’t published it yet). I haven’t yet entered the property market – not even my own home. I in fact have left the country to seek enough money to buy property in Australia :). It’s seems that rents would need to double or house prices to half to make it possible to have postive cashflow properties. I am hoping for a “hard landing” as I felft rents were already out of control as it was when I was back in Aus.

1. What’s happening with the market. Where’s the bust?

Steve.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 114 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.