All Topics / Heads Up! / ASIC update on Jamie Mcintyre

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Profile photo of freeman cooperfreeman cooper
    @freeman-cooper

Hi All,

I have One thing to say about Jamie peddling his wares.

Show us your guarantee.

He says that we can achieve great things if we pay to do some course, prove it and guarantee it, unconditionally.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia
    Originally posted by freeman cooper:

Hi All,

I have One thing to say about Jamie peddling his wares.

Show us your guarantee.

He says that we can achieve great things if we pay to do some course, prove it and guarantee it, unconditionally.

If he guarantees that he can do it, can YOU guarantee that YOU can do it????

If you use the same gym Mr Universe uses, will you look the same as him in a few years? Works for him!!!!

The idea is to take responsibility [biggrin]

Investment Property Management
    http://www.adprop.com.au

Profile photo of freeman cooperfreeman cooper
    @freeman-cooper

Thats all very nice and clique,
    At one of Steves seminars in Melbourne he was saying that only 1% of people that do any seminar will really really succeed at it.
    That means if 100 people attend a seminar hoping to really really succeed, 99 will be disappointed.
    If he is marketing this product as something that can make you financially successful, the least he can do is give it a good guarantee.
    I have given lots of things a good go, invested lots and lots of time and money, followed the instructions, read the books, listened to the tapes, done the exercises and they haven’t worked.
    As long as the guru gets his money its too easy to say have you done the work.
    I know who the 1% is.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter
    Originally posted by daveaustin:

I was just reading how xenia doesn’t agree with Jamie McIntyre’s investment strategies. Fair enough but I have studied all of the strategies he uses and they are all viable strategies listed on the ASX website and in fact most savvy fund managers use derivatives, ie covered calls in their portfolio’s. I have property and shares and I make more profit writing covered calls than I do from any growth in the stock.
    I say thanks to Jamie for teaching me such a strategy whereas my financial planner with all the letters after his name could only recomend some lousy managed funds. At least Jamie charges you upfront with no ongoing fees.

cheers,
    Dave[aacool]

How is the trading going mate?

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

A lot of people do seminars, but take no action. The presenter cannot be held responsible for this, surely?

Maybe it is like trying to lose weight. You can read a book, do a course, but if you don’t try, you won’t succeed.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of daveaustindaveaustin
    @daveaustin

Hi Simon,

My trading is going well. I am getting into property now as well from the income from covered calls and other strategies.

Cheers,
    Dave

Profile photo of daveaustindaveaustin
    @daveaustin

Hi Freeman cooper,

Mate, Your posts seem as though you have already made up your mind without really researching facts. Of course we all have a right to our own opinion but not our own facts.

Has Steve McKnight researched every seminar company and every client to arrive at his figure? If he hasn’t then maybe he is speculating.
    You asked about guarantees. Jamie offers a 90 day money back guarantee and also a try before you buy option. Of course there are no individual guarantees that you will succeed. You are in charge of the mass between your ears. Jamie has succeeded in the strategies he teaches and most of his homestudy is taught by other speakers who are experts with PHD’s in results in their fields; and he is providing these strategies for whoever wants. It is his time and energy so he has a right to charge what he likes. I may be one of those 1% Steve quotes but I’m very glad I am. You could be too but that’s entirely your choice.

Cheers,
    Dave

@freeman-cooper

Hi Dave,

Maybe your right.

Regards
    Frank ( freeman cooper)

Profile photo of argie78argie78
    Participant
    @argie78

There will always be winners and losser in everything. If you think like a winner, the odds are you will become one, if you think like a looser, guess what- you will never acheive your goal. My point is that Jamie’s course Educates people in investing in shares and property. What you do or how you action that information is all up to you. This is where mindset comes into play. I’m sick to death of hearing all this back lash about Jamie. I have done this course, and its the best $4,000 i have spend. Inform yourself first instead of following other peoples opinions. Go on his website and read some posts on his forums.

Learn How To Setup Multiple Streams Of Income With This FREE DVD. It Looks At Property, Share Renting & Business Strategies.www.MasteryInWealth.com

Profile photo of NikkiBluNikkiBlu
    @nikkiblu

Hello All,

Firstly i would like to introduce myself, My name is Nikki Galagher and i an a 29 year woman that grew up in a single parent family in sydneys western suburbs. My mum stuggled to make ends meet even though she did her best we just got by.

When i first recieved Jamie McIntyre's FREE DVD 4 years ago i was earning $11 an hour at a juice bar and i was renting a one bed room unit and sharing with a friend who was sleeping on our lounge room floor, i didnt own a car and was living in a life of struggle.

Today just 4 years later im am living in a 6 bed room home, i have 1/3 share in 4 houses, a unit, a block of land and a factory and earning over $100,000 p/a in a job that i love. I can tell you in all honesty that if i had not watched that DVD and took action i would proberly still be renting and struggling…. 

It really amazines me by the mentality of people .. Tall poppies is a common term for people that want to pull down the successful people and pull them down to their level of living just aove the poverty line.  Funny how people have no problems bagging and critasizing someone who spends his life helping and education thousands of people how to create a better life for them selves… have any of the above people even been to one of Jamies seminars or brought his home study …. i think not …

My flat mate Ben brought the homestudy for $3995 and we have not looked back….   we watched all of his 31 DVD's in his home study which has over 80 hours of content taught by Jamie and about 30 speakers that are experts in their field. These speakers all have a PHD in results, they all are creating massive wealth within there field, he has speakers that help first time investers up to people that want to get into the property development areas. They teach stratagies on real estate, internet businesses and stockmarket (yes only licenced brokers talk about shares). He also challenges his attendees to do there due dilligence and research the stratagies he teaches. but the reality is there are thousands of people making thousands, millions and even billions of dollars in a variety of investment stratagies. Jamie and his team of speakers are here to say it can be done and shows the average middle class investors how they to can get a peice of the pie too.

The membership also gives the members FREE access to all of Jamies seminars for 5 years … and gives you about $20K in bonuses with the home study.

Other people are doing it so why cant you?????

Jamie DOES have a guarantee he gives you 90 days to watch all of his DVD's and if you dont believe from the stratagies you learn that you can create 10x your investment in the program you recieve a FULL refund. there is also a payment plan option for only $199 per month so you can pay it off while you learn and build your wealth.

Jamie and his team have helped tens of thousands of people become aware of a different way to live their life… Our education system taught us to go to school get a job, work till we are 65 and live off the pension …. I dont know about you … but personally that sounds like a pretty sh*t way to live … i have no intentions of trying to survive on less than $20,000 a year pension.

By the time i reach 65 in 36 years will we even have an old age pension???
    mmm something to think about???

what do you want for your life ?
    do you want to live a life of abundance or struggle?
    So many people think investing is risky… i think that NOT investing is risky.

investing and not being educated is risky, and Jamie provides the edcation to help you make better choices.
    Would you tell your children to not buy their own home or an investment property now … and tell them to wait 10,15 or 20 years to buy …  I think not …

I once heard a commnent from one of my clients that she said  that " The stock market is their to take the money from the uneducated and give it to the educated" . Now as crazy as that sounds that is what happens….. the masses listen to what our govenment and education system tell us to do … Jamie shows us that there is another way…..

How many Australians brought Telstra2 … what a joke …. buying that they think they are investors … they have no idea… these are the poor buggers that get ripped off. people only get ripped off when they are uneducated.

Also many people people think that negative gearded property in bad. we all know that property increases over time.
    e.g if you have a house that you paid $300K for and it goes up by 10% over 12 months (some areas in Australia even more)
    lets just say you have this magic bank account (we will call it an investment mortgage)
    if your property is $200 a month negative geared ( meaning your mortgage is 200 a month more than the rent you recieve)
    so every month you put $200 of your own money into your magic bank account and the rent goes in to.

At the end of the year, lets say your property is now worth $330,000 ….. you put in $2400 a year and you create $30,000 in equity … mmm something to think about ??? which you can draw out tax free through a line of credit.

i brought a unit in perth for $143K that i owned for 4 years and when i sold it for $342K 4 and a bit years later i made $50K a year from my unit, i was working my butt off full time getting $40K p/a and my unit was making more than me. So i was making money while i slept through my investments.  my unit more than doubled in 4 years and the national avererage in doubling every 7-10 years.

As for those that ask why isnt he licenced through AFS ? Well he is accredited through the financial planning institute to talk and advise about shares/derivitives.  And in fact 21st century financial services has in fact their own AFSL.

He has written two new books as well, "What i didnt learn from my financial advisor but wish i had" and "What i didnt learn from my real estate agent but wish i had" two amazing books that are an amazing read. Jamie loves helping people achive and does not like seeing people get riped off hence why he spends so much time on stage teaching and education people to get them selves educated so they dont get riped off…

As you can see im very passionate and very supportive of Jamie McIntyre and 21st Century Academy, If you want to see him in action and judge for yourself log on to my website http://www.NikkiBlu.com and order the FREE DVD and down load his book "What i didnt learn from school but wish i had"

Till we speak again,
    All the best in everything you do …
    Keep an open mind and think out side the square.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi Nikki,
    Interesting first post – glad you have done well.
    Regardless of outcomes, the 'tall poppy' syndrome' has always been, and is still well and truly alive in Australia.
    I would be very rediscent to shell out thousands for any courses/seminars etc, but that said, Jamie's 'free book' I read a while back, and it is one of the few (if only) bits of info I have read without shelling out $ that actaully provides some real info, details, and helpful advice, as opposed to 'secrets', and vague references. (Secular books here I am talking about…)
    I agree 110% with Jamie's logic that we should have more helpful 'practical;' real life financial info taught at schools, and I wholeheartly wish that on behalf of the many retirees and others that were misled by 'finanial planners' and questionable advertising of 'secure investments' that ASIC paid as much attention to Fincorp, Westpoint etc etc etc etc and the mezzanine finance/debenture crowd as they did to the odd 'spruiker'….
    All the best.

Profile photo of PtialvPtialv
    @ptialv

hi

what ever Nikki is sayin sounds good. we have are responsible for our actions. but i am not satisfied the way it has been expalined

"When i first recieved Jamie McIntyre's FREE DVD 4 years ago i was earning $11 an hour at a juice bar and i was renting a one bed room unit and sharing with a friend who was sleeping on our lounge room floor, i didnt own a car and was living in a life of struggleWhen i first recieved Jamie McIntyre's FREE DVD 4 years ago i was earning $11 an hour at a juice bar and i was renting a one bed room unit and sharing with a friend who was sleeping on our lounge room floor, i didnt own a car and was living in a life of struggle"

From this later on to this

"I  brought a unit in perth for $143K that i owned for 4 years and when i sold it for $342K 4 and a bit years later i made $50K a year from my unit, i was working my butt off full time getting $40K p/a and my unit was making more than me. So i was making money while i slept through my investments.  my unit more than doubled in 4 years and the national avererage in doubling every 7-10 years."

can it be explained how can you go from $11 an hour at a juice bar to buying a house of $143k without putting any deposit etc etc etc.

IS IT Jamie McIntyre himself?????????

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie
    Xenia wrote:
    What is ASIC trying to say here, the public are a bunch of uneducated morons who have to be protected from themselves? I was at a birthday party last night, the cake came out and the host told the 15 people there that it was chocolate cheesecake. When they served it out, it was pink with berries in it. OBVIOUSLY NOT CHOCOLATE!!! What astounded me was peoples reactions, they kept believing that it was chocolate cheesecake, and discussing how different it was. True story!!! I was SHOCKED! I again asked the host, what the cake was and he said chocolate cheesecake, I then asked, what part of it is chocolate, I can't see it. Immediately everyone agreed. Is this kind of sheep-like, brain dead mentality what happens at seminars? Do ASIC know this, is this why people have to be protected?
    Cheers Xenia

Um… unfortunately; yes.

I

Profile photo of VStarVStar
    Participant
    @vstar

No offence at all NikkiBlu but your story sounds/is formatted like a cut and paste of a "Success Story" from jamie mcintyre's website.

Having said that i have looked at Jamie McIntyre's home study pack and didn't think it was my style so did not follow through. However i do think that some people will be able to make some money from his course.

Profile photo of NikkiBluNikkiBlu
    @nikkiblu

Hello all,

thank you for those with nice comments :) yes i too am extremely happy with were i have come from and were i am heading in the future.

As for my post above it is 100% true,

i did get the DVD when i was earning $11 an hour working in a juice bar, i used one of Jamie's strategies OPM (Other People Money) and i asked my mum and sister if we could pool our incomes and apply for a loan and buy an investment property in all three names. They agreed, we got a 106% loan, we had to pay LMI but we didn't have to save up for a deposit … we used my mums family home as security and were on our way…. and over the last few years we have brought a few and sold a couple made some money in between and brought bigger and better places…..

So yes i may sound like a success story copied and pasted from his website but i am a success … and no amount of tall poppy old school thinking will tell me any different..

Jamie's program is not for everyone… and I'm not here saying that it is … All i want to say is that there is another way…
    Your past does not have to equal you future…Unless you let it….

just because you parents and grand parents went to school got a job(Just Over Broke) had there own home as there only asset and retired on less than $20,000 a year does not mean that you have to as well.

Most people think that there family home is there best asset when if fact it is a liability , An asset puts money into your pocket (like a positively geared investment property) where a liability takes money out of your pocket.

So many Aussies think that getting a loan for $40,000 to buy a car is a good idea but spending $4,000 on education is a waste of money …. where is the logic in that ???

How many People spend 10's of thousands of dollars on a Uni degree only to find out a few years later that they dont even want to do what they have been studying for the last 5 years..

How you live your life is up to you…. if are happy to live a life of struggle then that is your choice … I'm just saying that it is not for me. i want a life of Abundance .. that is my choice …

I'm one of Jamie's DVD's he talks about a conversation he had with a mentor when he was just starting out…. Jamie used to believe that all rich people were greedy and were out to rip people off … then his mentor told Jamie that he was the greedy one.. being in debt and not able to even look after himself… where as his rich mentor earnt more than 40 times what he needed to live on … with that excess he was able to help more people …. Wealthy people create business that ive people jobs, they create Charity's that help the poor and underprivileged… Wealthy people have choice….

what would you do if a close family member got sick and needed $100,000 to get better would you be able to get your hands on that kind of money ? or would you have to watch them die… feeling helpless that you couldn't do anything…. creating wealth is all about choice….. 

I choice to create abundance in my life… and if that is what you want to do as well fantastic… if you don't, don't bag out people that want to make a difference in your life.

On that note…. im off to get back to enjoying Xmas with my family… which by the way was fantastic being able to spend money on my family and not having to rack up huge debt to pay for it ….

Have a wonderful Xmas and an amazing new year….

NikkiBlu  

Profile photo of YossarianYossarian
    @yossarian
    NikkiBlu wrote:
    Hello all,

thank you for those with nice comments :) yes i too am extremely happy with were i have come from and were i am heading in the future.

As for my post above it is 100% true,

i did get the DVD when i was earning $11 an hour working in a juice bar, i used one of Jamie's strategies OPM (Other People Money) and i asked my mum and sister if we could pool our incomes and apply for a loan and buy an investment property in all three names. They agreed, we got a 106% loan, we had to pay LMI but we didn't have to save up for a deposit … we used my mums family home as security and were on our way…. and over the last few years we have brought a few and sold a couple made some money in between and brought bigger and better places…..

So yes i may sound like a success story copied and pasted from his website but i am a success … and no amount of tall poppy old school thinking will tell me any different..

Jamie's program is not for everyone… and I'm not here saying that it is … All i want to say is that there is another way…
    Your past does not have to equal you future…Unless you let it….

just because you parents and grand parents went to school got a job(Just Over Broke) had there own home as there only asset and retired on less than $20,000 a year does not mean that you have to as well.

Most people think that there family home is there best asset when if fact it is a liability , An asset puts money into your pocket (like a positively geared investment property) where a liability takes money out of your pocket.

So many Aussies think that getting a loan for $40,000 to buy a car is a good idea but spending $4,000 on education is a waste of money …. where is the logic in that ???

How many People spend 10's of thousands of dollars on a Uni degree only to find out a few years later that they dont even want to do what they have been studying for the last 5 years..

How you live your life is up to you…. if are happy to live a life of struggle then that is your choice … I'm just saying that it is not for me. i want a life of Abundance .. that is my choice …

I'm one of Jamie's DVD's he talks about a conversation he had with a mentor when he was just starting out…. Jamie used to believe that all rich people were greedy and were out to rip people off … then his mentor told Jamie that he was the greedy one.. being in debt and not able to even look after himself… where as his rich mentor earnt more than 40 times what he needed to live on … with that excess he was able to help more people …. Wealthy people create business that ive people jobs, they create Charity's that help the poor and underprivileged… Wealthy people have choice….

what would you do if a close family member got sick and needed $100,000 to get better would you be able to get your hands on that kind of money ? or would you have to watch them die… feeling helpless that you couldn't do anything…. creating wealth is all about choice….. 

I choice to create abundance in my life… and if that is what you want to do as well fantastic… if you don't, don't bag out people that want to make a difference in your life.

On that note…. im off to get back to enjoying Xmas with my family… which by the way was fantastic being able to spend money on my family and not having to rack up huge debt to pay for it ….

Have a wonderful Xmas and an amazing new year….

NikkiBlu  

Cliche-bot.
    @freeman-cooper

Hi Guys,
    Here is my great (true) story.
    I might begin by saying I am a synic so hype, cleaver wording etc does'nt wash with me, give me facts and proof.
    I watched Jamies "free" DVD about 18 months ago. I was unemployed and had a mortgage on a modest home. As I have said earlier I enquired of his course, looked at the so called "guarantee" and decided to save my money.
    In the last 12 months I  have a property I am developing, land and permits to build a unit and a business that is valued at between $800K AND 1 Million dollars including equipment. I could have done his course and had to give Jamie some credit but I did'nt. If I have to give anyone any credit for giving me a reason to be motivated and pursue my goals it's Steve McNight. I did the results mentoring program and that gave me a boost to get motivated and achieve. 
    What do I say then,
    Jamie motivated me when I watched the DVD, NO.
    The fact is that most people who are looking at courses are also looking for that push, that bit of motivation.
    I hate to say it, but if any one is getting that from Jamie, Steve,The Swamy or the UFO and you feel you are not being ripped off and that you are actually making some money and not just "growing as a person" then knock yourself out.

It's your money Ralph

Profile photo of RobLRobL
    @robl

Way to go Ralph … and bloody well said

Profile photo of RobLRobL
    @robl
    Profile photo of scooter_nswscooter_nsw
    @scooter_nsw

This guy might be teaching something but it sure isn't spelling :)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.