All Topics / Help Needed! / Thinking about moving into real estate as a career

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of the_aimbotthe_aimbot
    @the_aimbot

I’ve been thinking about moving into a real estate career for about a year now I’m currently working in sales and have good customer service skills and my closing rate for my industry (fitness) is quite high.

However, I’ve always been interested investing and am actively trading shares and looking to move into the property market in the next 2 years. So I thought real estate would be a great way to combine my passion for investing with the skills I have developed in sales. I would really love to hear from people who are in the real estate industry about the best way to get stated what I should look for in an employer after sitting my real estate license.

I know some who works for a jenman “approved” agent she said that they put you though a three month training program which is supposed to be pretty intense but turns out good agents. I know that Jenman isn’t very popular on this site but does anyone know much about the training system he uses to train agents? Are there any other training programs on offer? If so what are they? What sort of commission and base should I expect? How many properties would a poor/good/excellent agent expect to sell in a month under average market conditions?

I know the industry is cyclical, but, I believe if you are good at what you do you should be able to survive the market cycles.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi the aimbot

firstly i’m an investor and not a real estate agent.
    if sales is a passion then selling real estate will be a lot of fun for you.

But as an investor i don’t think that being an agent would add anything of real value to my investing skills or success. Most agents aren’t investors and are purely sales people, some forget this.

So i think if you want to sell real estate because you think you would enjoy it, then go for it , but if you think it will make you an investor you might be waisting your energy.

regards westan

We find cash positive deals showing 15-25% Returns in the USA email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of the_aimbotthe_aimbot
    @the_aimbot
    Originally posted by westan:

But as an investor i don’t think that being an agent would add anything of real value to my investing skills or success. Most agents aren’t investors and are purely sales people, some forget this.

I agree I’m not looking to learn how to invest by becoming a real estate agent I’m looking at it as a way to marry two passions.

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney
    Originally posted by the_aimbot:

Quote:
    Originally posted by westan:[/i

I agree I’m not looking to learn how to invest by becoming a real estate agent I’m looking at it as a way to marry two passions.

While real estate sounds glamorous as a job, it is a lot of hard work and very few succeeed.

The average wage for a real estate agent has recently risen to $41,000 per annum. And there are lots of nights and weekends.

Having said that there is plenty of room at the top for those that are willing to work for it.

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I heard recently that 20% of the agents get 80% of the listings..

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of plpropertyplproperty
    @plproperty

http://www.jenman.com.au

Luke Woollard
    Licensee
    Pacific Lifestyle Property
    http://www.plproperty.com.au

comments made are general information only. you should seek professional advice for your particular circumstances.

Profile photo of JKMJKM
    @jkm

Most of the real estate agents I seem to speak to do not have investment properties. They seem to over analyse the market on a daily basis & are too scared to get in themselves. I just had a REA call me yesterday to tell me about a great block of land that I could develop & clear about $70K profit. If that is right, why is he calling me & not getting in himself….mmmmm….need to think some more about that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.