All Topics / General Property / US Housing markets show signs of bust: Fannie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

By Robert Schroeder, MarketWatch
    Last Update: 2:10 PM ET June 20, 2005

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) – The possibility of a housing bust has “risen sharply in certain parts” of the U.S., thanks to a number of conditions including easier lending standards, a Fannie Mae executive said.

In a presentation prepared for a National Association of Home Builders meeting May 5, Fannie Mae’s (FNM: news, chart, profile) Thomas Lawler said housing-market conditions in many areas mirror past conditions that preceded regional housing busts. Lawler is senior vice president for risk policy at the housing-finance giant.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7B5A56987D-4CB1-4CE9-B082-2DFE1CAA54F6%7D&siteid=google

wayneL’s Trading Pages

Profile photo of bardon_2bardon_2
    Participant
    @bardon_2

Well I am glad to say that I am investing well outside of those “certain parts” and in fact in an area that is consdiered undervalued by 13%against “normal housing values”

So lets see undervalued US $ against oz $, undervalued housing area and buying at 80% of value yes I will take the risk.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Wayne and Bardon

i have just come home from 8 weeks in the USA, this was my 3rd trip in 6 months. One thing that really stands out to me is the diversity of prices in the USA. There are cities on the west coast like LA which are really high as are New York City and many of the East coast cities. Yet there are other areas where affordability is still very much apparent. At the top end I was looking at some RealEstate in Huntington Beach LA Califonia that was more like Sydney Prices, new condo’s (luxury) for about $500,000. House prices are about $1 million. Yet at the other end i saw many properties under $50,000, (not in California).

Regards westan

We find cash positive deals showing 15-25% Returns in the USA email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel
    Originally posted by westan:

Hi Wayne and Bardon

i have just come home from 8 weeks in the USA, this was my 3rd trip in 6 months. One thing that really stands out to me is the diversity of prices in the USA. There are cities on the west coast like LA which are really high as are New York City and many of the East coast cities. Yet there are other areas where affordability is still very much apparent. At the top end I was looking at some RealEstate in Huntington Beach LA Califonia that was more like Sydney Prices, new condo’s (luxury) for about $500,000. House prices are about $1 million. Yet at the other end i saw many properties under $50,000, (not in California).

Regards westan

We find cash positive deals showing 15-25% Returns in the USA email me at [email protected] to join our database

Yes, a friend of mines bro in law recently purchased 7acres with house, bore, various outbuildings etc in Oklahoma for $30k (yes 30k, not a typo)

Cheers

wayneL’s Trading Pages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.