All Topics / Help Needed! / Free property price reports online?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of chockeychockey
    Participant
    @chockey

Does anyone know of any free website that list the selling prices of properties in particular suburbs?

I have been told that Real Estate agents can provide this information for free, but each request from me has been very slow in response. I also hear that the governemnt can provide this info, but it is about $100 for the report.

Any help would be great. Thanks,

Profile photo of hmackayhmackay
    Participant
    @hmackay

Hi,

Realestate.com.au has info on recent sales for a given suburb that u may be brousing. There are also paid services too. Also check out Domain.com.au.

hrm

Profile photo of Endless SummerEndless Summer
    @endless-summer

Real Estate Agents obtain this information by paying a fee to a provider. If they give it out to anyone for free then it is because they may know you as a keen investor who might buy from them in the future and want to ‘keep on your good side’ by giving you something that does not cost them any more to give to you and they know you could go and buy the information anyway.

As to where you get the information – I think Residex provides them – but ask around any Agent should be able to tell you, or internet search should help or maybe the Real Estate Institute in your state would know.

I am not aware of any place you can get all the sales of an area for free.

For some sales – reasestate.com has a sold section which gives the prices of Agents that want to disclose the prices when the price is good and to promote themselves.

Profile photo of TeteTete
    @tete

I think The Sunday Age give a regional breakdown of prices ….i.e north, north west etc….

REIV give a broad summary of prices on a weekly basis for victoria…

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

I would have thought that the local council would be a way of finding previous sales data?
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

“Sometimes the hardest thing to do in life is often the best thing to do.”

Profile photo of JKMJKM
    @jkm

They have just started a website that covers the Canberra & South Coast areas of NSW called allhomes.com.au Check that out, it is quite interesting because it also gives block sizes etc

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Try

http://www.myhousevalue.com.au for interests sake..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of buzzwellsbuzzwells
    Participant
    @buzzwells

RP Data provides real estate reports with this information. You have to pay for it but it might be what you’re looking for.

You used to be able to get it from the local governing council for free but the State Gov changed the privacy laws several years ago and you must pay for it these days.

You can find the RP Data link via http://www.realestate.com.au

Learn, Love, Strive. Make a difference!

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

or get real friendly wth a REA [biggrin]

RPData is great IMHO from what i’ve seen;if you can get access to it for the right price..[biggrin]

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of HH
    @h

I know for properties in WA you can get a listing from the Dept of Property and Land Information. You can get them online from about $25. Website is http://www.dli.wa.gov.au/corporate.nsf
    Cheers,

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.