All Topics / General Property / Investing outside the square!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of bruhambruham
    Participant
    @bruham

Here’s one for you! Penrith Leagues Club called the “Panthers” football club are going to sell off some of their bowling,golf,RSL and workers’ clubs.At fire sale prices.
    They need to down size their debt.A whole ninety million dollars of debt.

When you buy your own club you’ll have the staff and all the club’s assets.Poker machines,bar equipment etc.And of course the millionaires guarantee to turn yourself into a one. The LICENCE TO TRADE ALL THE ABOVE.
    The choice you have to make now is which club do you want?
    a) Newcastle Panthers
    b) Port Macquarie Panthers
    c) Lavington Sports club
    d) Cardiff workers and bowling Club.
    Plus land ,gyms, tenpin bowling alley and lots more.
    To me I like the sound of Port Macquarie club.
    Interesting times are here.
    How can I afford to participate???
    Thinking,thinking, thinking.

bruham.

Profile photo of JKMJKM
    @jkm

Newcastle Panthers sounds good too. What about set up a company, have the business valued & sell off some shares????

Profile photo of bruhambruham
    Participant
    @bruham

JKM,

Since the last post,I’ve spoken a person in the know about the positions of these clubs.
    With the new poker machine tax a lot of small clubs will go to the wall.

My information comes from the Dee Why RSL(on Sydney’s Northern Beaches).
    Dee Why RSL is a medium size club. To survive the club has built a ten pin bowling alley in the place of lawn bowls.They have submitted plans for a high rise retirement/nursing home attached to to club.

Just think,the “oldies” before going to bed, jumping into the lift, racing down to the pokies with their last twenty cents.
    Might even pull off a jackpot.

So it’s back to the drawing board!

bruham.

Profile photo of obiwanobiwan
    @obiwan

here is another one out of the square : i saw magic kingdom land advertised for sale (ie 10acres+) for under 1mill recently. Surrounded by industrial land valued at vast multiples of this. Only problem is it is zoned leisure/tourism. The previous funpark was a dud. What is the solution to this problem ??

Profile photo of surreyhughes19905surreyhughes19905
    @surreyhughes19905

If all around is industrial / commercial and you’ve got 10 acres of liesure / entertainment… How about a homewares / liesure display centre. 4 wheel drive course, bike track, big fat pond for boats, display home type set ups. Get big company builders / car manufacturers / boating cos + tourism companies/resorts to basically pay for a great big interactive advertisement? No sales on site, just displays, practical demonstrations, interactive workshops and so on. Drag bus loads of reno hungry, outdoors activity hungry people through. An idea?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.