All Topics / Help Needed! / no patience

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of JenDJenD
    Participant
    @jend

Hi all,

I think I maybe posting my topic in the wrong section, or more likely I have no patience, but this is important to me, so I may as well try here as it’s definitly help that I need!!…..

I know this doesn’t have relevance to property investing, but since you have been so helpful in the past, I thought that maybe someone with any knowledge of charities or foundations on this site might be able to help guide me in the right direction.

I was wondering how you go about starting up a foundation or charity? Our neighbors have had two horrible tragedies occur, they had two children and the first one was killed when she was very young in a motor vehicle accident, and the second died last year in a motorbike accident. With the second child, he absolutely loved motorbikes, and with the insurance money his parents (our neighbors) have received from his death, they would like to start up some sort of foundation (or charity?) to contribute to others whose passion is motorbikes as well.

Anyways, they’ve asked for help to start something like this, and I was wondering how do you set one of these things up – through and accountant or lawyer? – or is there a useful website?

I know this site is probably not the best to ask for such a thing, but I’ve found such great advice, I thought I might give it a try.

Cheers,
    Jen

Profile photo of zenergyzenergy
    @zenergy

Hey Jen
    Not quite sure whether this will help, but i know charities are heavily lawed by govt, and most likely need to be registered… (with gov etc)

I have a few contacts in this area, so pleae don’t hesitate to contact me through email. (see web link below) I deal with many charities who i dontate to for our business and have some govt contacts (local and state govt. in brissy) who may be able to help…

JO.

Profile photo of JenDJenD
    Participant
    @jend

Hi JO,

Thank you so much for the offer, but I don’t see an email through web link below, but I did PM you, hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
    Jen

Profile photo of surreyhughes19905surreyhughes19905
    @surreyhughes19905

Hi,
    As a passionate motorbike rider I have to say it is a dreadful tragedy when a bike rider is lost. There is a great need in the community for increased driver and rider education. The government always errs on the side of more fines for fairly arbitrary threshold points and has no motivation to provide greater safety training. So when a private party offers to set up a charity for such a thing I think it important to the community as a whole that it goes ahead.

Your neighbours may find a lot of help from members at http://www.netrider.net.au or http://www.mraa.org.au/

The first is a large group of riders connected through the internet. They organise rallies, charity drives, social events and so forth. The second link is the Motorcycle Riders Association of Australia. They lobby for bike riders interests and also help out with charity and fundraisers. If anyone would know how to set up a foundation for the benefit of road users (particularly bike riders) they would. There may also currently be a charity that suites your neighbour’s desires.

The best way to decrease the road toll and increase everyone’s enjoyment is through education and understanding. arbitrary penalties have shown to be ineffective (road toll this easter was double last years in Vic and here we have ZERO TOLERANCE for speeding, gee does it work? No, but the government enjoys a fat pay day that in turn is spent telling us how enforcing speed limits saves lives!)

Wishing all the best,
    Surrey.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.