All Topics / Heads Up! / Positive Real Estate

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

This is a game of celebrity Head isn’t it. You’re Neil Jenman!!

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia
    Originally posted by gilad:

Gday All,

just wondering if anyone has experience with Positive Real Estate. http://www.positiverealestate.com.au

they have a seminar coming up with several speakers including Jason Whitton for a reasonable price – i think under $500 or so.

Any feedback or experience people would like to share?

thanks

OK, coming back to gilad’s original question, I still doubt the value of this Positive Real Estate seminar.

On their website http://www.positiverealestate.com.au/
    they advertise, for example, one aspect of their services: “Locating high yielding investment properties”, and state they offer “positively geared or positive cash flow”.

That’s all fine, but then they come up with an example (investment indicator)on their home page, so I just assume it is one of their best ‘deals’ for they wouldn’t want to show their worst deals on their homepage:

Purchase Price: $280,000
    Rental Income Per Week: $280
    Investment Yield: 5.2%
    Cash Flow After Tax: $1,662
    Capital Growth (10 years): 4.47%
    Capital Growth (12 months): 10.9%

Well I’d call this negatively geared. Where is the cashflow?
    My understanding is, that a cashflow property does not depend on taxreturns. Is this based on the returns of some one in the highest tax bracket?

Anyway, you can find properties with up to 6% yields, even in capital cities quite easily yourself.

I still believe that it would benefit you more to spend your $500 on buying a variety of property investment books than it is to spend it listening to some spruikers who will give you information on just their strategy.

That way you’ll be reading about different strategies, which will help you decide which way to go.
    You may later, if you decide to stick with a certain strategy, decide that you still need to go to a seminar to further educate yourself about that chosen strategy, at least you have an idea of what you can expect, and what else is out there.

But to pay $500 for a seminar and then possibly decide that this is not the one for you, is just a waste of your money.

And, since Jenman was mentioned in this thread, I’d like to quote him here:
    “There are no good get-rich-quick spruikers. Only varying degrees of bad.”

Celivia

Profile photo of Max TennantMax Tennant
    @max-tennant

Hello All,

I’ve been viewing this forum, seems very interesting, and some interesting comments?

I might be able to explain a little about PRE as I am the Operations Director of the organisation.

Firstly I’d like to say it’s great to read comments from like minded investors that share the same amount of passion for property as I do. I love everything I do in property, and that’s why we started PRE, so we could help others get the same results as we have. We are a hands on organisation, and we practise everything we preach. All our staff are property investors, even our 23yr old receptionist, who is actually one of our most astute investors.

To get to the point wether our event is worth it or not, we are one of the only groups that offer the unique services that we do. We have located approx 500 properties for clients since we started this business. When you attend the course, we simply show you how we did that, and share all our trade secrets. We have developed a property game that teaches you how to effectively manage funds so you can build a portfolio quickly, just like we’ve done ourselves. We use the details of all the previous properties we’ve found, so you can buy them during the game.

Regarding the posting about the property example on our site, you’re right, it’s not positive cash flow! We made a strategic decision not to list a true positive cash flow property on the site, as the majority of investors think they don’t exist, we decided to use a Positively Geared example instead. Once potential clients log into the site, they are then presented with properties that are actual examples. We list about three new Positive Cash Flow properties per week on the site. A lot of the properties we find are allocated to investors prior to listing them on the site in the case that we are targeting their specific brief.

Feel free to subscribe to our news letters and we’ll keep you up to date on what’s about.

Oh, and another thought, you don’t need to risk your money to see if you like what we do, you can come to one of our free evenings we hold. I’d love to meet you!

Positive Real Estate Pty Ltd
    Max Tennant
    Operations Director
    Lic. No. 1301554
    [email protected]

Profile photo of ilearnerilearner
    @ilearner

It seems too many gurus are fighting on this forum…

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Max..it say’s “High Yielding Properties for the astute investor” next to your example..?

It also states..”Buying investment property is not about glossy brochures, its about facts and figures”?

If so it doesn’t gel with your example..

Don’t know you, Nigel or your company just throwing my 2c in and an honest initial impression from looking at the site..

I don’t think there’s any fighting going on as Amused inferred, just debating and opinions..plus you’d be suprised how much better we all know someone after a lengthy discussion on the Forum.

Look forward to more great and helpful posts..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

@ilearner

I have checked some those positive cash flow properties the developer/others sold to investors in last 5 years. People spent about $180k on a two/one bed unit with ocean views in 1999. Guess what how much they sold for in Dec 2004? $189k — this is the reality. All these were popped up by these gurus …. Do not use your little trick to cheat naive investors … like Investor Club does — they got the $10-15k commission then sold you a hot potato…

As Steve McKnight said in his book – cash flow positve was made …Because it was made — it is not neutual — therefore can be easily broken up.

My suggestion is research, research and research; do some reading; not be talked into by gurus. Attend some free seminars … Quite often paid seminars/courses do not give you more you want…

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Amused- 180k in 1999, for a 1/2 b’room unit with ocean views, which is then sold for 189k in 2004. What’s the point here? Overpriced when first bought? Underpriced when last sold?

Really, we all have autonomy when making choices, and there is so much oversupply now, one can pretty much choose one’s own price. Perhaps the owner should have sold somewhere in 2003, and made a profit- when there was more demand.

We can’t blame other people for our own poor purchases. It’s our money- best not to chuck it away.

kay henry

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Hi Redwing

Thats not my site. Thats positive cashflow

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Australian and New Zealand Buyers advocate
    service and seminars

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

@ilearner

kay henry,

This is in Perth where property has beening performing very well. I was trying to tell people who on this forum are not got talked into by these “hand made” positive cash flow properties — Understand!

If they are selling 2 years ago it would be much worse.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.