All Topics / Heads Up! / Positive Real Estate

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Profile photo of giladgilad
    @gilad

Gday All,

just wondering if anyone has experience with Positive Real Estate. http://www.positiverealestate.com.au

they have a seminar coming up with several speakers including Jason Whitton for a reasonable price – i think under $500 or so.

Any feedback or experience people would like to share?

thanks

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Link doesn’t seem to work.

Can’t say I have heard of them.

Unless they do something new then I would suggest that much of the info is available elsewhere cheaper.

Possibly the most value might be in the motivation – assuming you do something after learning their info. I say that as I believe most people don’t take action and that is where the money making actually happens!

All the best to you,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of giladgilad
    @gilad

sorry about the link… fixed it.

Well, they apparently have four different speakers for this seminar talking about hte various angles…

I guess it could be good for me, given that i’m 20years old and just haven’t really been able to get started. Probably because i just keep using the excuse… i don’t have any saving for a deposit. i can’t afford to buy an investment property.

On the other hand, i have looked into buying a property for the first home owner grant and living in it for 6 months. Would give me 12k which would be good. But i don’t think enough, especially with the mortgage repayments.

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Hi Gilad,
    perhaps you would benefit more from reading books by different authors who use different investment strategies first before deciding to go to a seminar.
    A few authors are: Jan Somers, Margaret Lomas, Steve Mcknight, Teresa Wainwright.
    These will give you different angles.

From having a look on their website, I figure that Positive Real Estate mainly locate properties for people.

They also recommend that you use their own industry professionals.

The speakers at the seminar may be not be there to merely inform, but also to introduce (read: sell) their services.

I’m not saying that there’s always something wrong with that, as long as you are (very much) aware that this can happen. You wouln’t want to be talked into something or sign up for something you are not sure about or regret later on.

So, I just think it’s better to shield yourself with some knowledge before going to a seminar [medieval] so you’ll feel more confident and aware of what’s going on.

Celivia

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi gilad,
    I don’t know if you have been to any seminars (I’m just assuming?). Perhaps go to a few ‘freebies’ first and examine all the holes in what they quote as ‘facts’ (then check the claims they make for yourself) and see if you find any common threads in the presentations (eg ‘congratulate yourselves for taking the time to come along, sexy music when introducing the guest speaker, count how many self promoting products and ‘boot camp’ bells and whistles are on offer, compared to impartial advice they provide, etc.). Don’t see this as a waste of your time. Maybe try and see this as time well invested to your due dilligence process and fine tune what you’re left with ‘as money well spent’ on a seminar after culling these out (although I personally wouldn’t spend the $1000’s some Guru’s request!). I think if you find yourself continually going to a seminar for that ‘last piece of information you need to make it in property’, then you may find that it resides within what you do with the information you already have.
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

“Sometimes the hardest thing to do in life is often the best thing to do.”

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Positive Real Estate has an ad on page 57 of the current API magazine. The seminar you’re talking about is probably to get all the attendees warmed up to buying one of their ‘positively geared properties’ that they source for investors.

If I was you I’d put that $500 to better uses, but if you do go, dont get talked into anything you dont want to do.

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

They were Richmastery Australia. I do not know whether they still are or are now separate. They tend to buy in many cases in small towns. How else do you get positive cxashflow in Australia

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Australian and New Zealand Buyers advocate
    service and seminars

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I am looking at a place atm in the 6th largest city in Australia that is pos cashflow. They are there is you look hard enough…

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of RichmasteryRichmastery
    @richmastery

Hi Guys,

I can confirm that Positive Real Estate are not linked in any way now to Richmastery.

Richmastery Customer Services
    [email protected]
    http://www.richmastery.com

Real People, Real Strategies, Real Results
    Giving you the Power to Change

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Nigel,

I’d suggest you go looking in different cubby holes before writing off the big cities for +CF with wide sweeping statements like that.

As posted before, there are +CF props in all of the major cities – undisputed fact. This is not to say however that you or your clients have the capacity or the inclination to chase these. If not, and you narrow your search criteria down to a tiny sliver of the overall property market in which you and your clients are interested in and can afford, then perhaps you are correct…but it is quite misleading not to qualify your broad sweeping statements as such.

Cheers,

Dazzling

“No point having a cake if you can’t eat it.”

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

please give me examples of what you are talking about

I am opened minded, and always willing top learn something new. If positive cashflow in the cities please tell me

Nigel Kibel

service and seminars

Email Me | Phone Me

@dazzling

Nigel,

Redwing challenged me with the exact same question about 2 or 3 months ago. Posted publicly about 9 or 10 examples of props who were all positive, and all within major cities (mostly Melbourne and Perth), but I’m sure if I spent a few hours on the net, I’d find plenty in both Sydney and Brizzy as well.

I’m not techno-clever enough to know how to search or to link the post…you’ll have to have a scratch around yourself. Good hunting.

Cheers,

Dazzling

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

That response does not represent proof

Nigel Kibel

service and seminars

Email Me | Phone Me

@dazzling

Nigel,

Don’t be so lazy…I’m not about to spoon feed you like a baby.

If you want proof – get out there and get it yourself if searching this forum for the post is too hard for you. You said you were open to learning something new…your lack of action doesn’t support your statements.

If you are waiting for me to lead you to them by the nose, you’ll definitely be waiting a while, whilst lazily concluding they aren’t there because I haven’t spoonfed them to you. You’ll be wrong, but you won’t know that.

Being blissfully ignorant is a wonderful position to take. Perhaps stick with peddling NZ. Looks like Ozzy big cities are either too hard or too big for you.

Cheers,

Dazzling

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

I get their emails. None of their properties interest me.

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

I spend most of my time studying the market. I always do my own research and I do not just peddle New Zealand. I find that this is an industry that is full of talk. I do not like your rudeness

Nigel Kibel

service and seminars

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

The other point I would like to make is sure if you spend the money and purchase blue chip investment you can still achieve some great results. Most people that I deal with are after a good first or second investment property. In many cases in Australia they want something that will provide capital growth. The reason I like New Zealand is it gives a separate income stream to anyone who invests in Australia. I still buy property in Australia for clients and myself. What you do dazzling is up to you

Nigel Kibel

service and seminars

Email Me | Phone Me

@dazzling

Nigel,

You crack me up with your ‘opposites’.

Firstly, you say you can’t get +CF in big Ozzy cities with no qualifications, and now you finally qualify that you are looking at the small first and second homebuyers sector of the huge and varied ‘property’ market.

Secondly, you say you do your own research, but won’t search the posts for previous threads and want to be spoonfed…and when your not spoonfed you say “that doesn’t constitute proof”….sorry, had no idea I was in court and you were the magistrate.

Thirdly you say the industry is full of waffle and talk….but then you’ve got ‘Buyers advocate and seminars’ in your signature footer, which I assume you talk alot about RE in your seminars ??

Fourthly, I couldn’t give a rats whether you think I’m rude or not. Coming back with garbage like “that doesn’t constitute proof” usually doesn’t elicit kind and welcome responses.

Fifthly, what I do is not in question here Nigel…we are talking about your broad sweeping statements, I shall indeed do what I do.

Lastly, I come full circle to my original point, and that is you need to qualify your broad statements about +CF props in the big Ozzy cities….just because you can’t find them or refuse to look doesn’t mean they aren’t there. Newbies will look at your footer and wrongly assume that you actually know what you are talking about. Get out there and have a look at the big bad world Nigel.

Cheers,

Dazzling

Profile photo of JKMJKM
    @jkm
    Profile photo of munjymunjy
    @munjy

JKM,

Great link. How often do you find properties like those? I have to say I was more than a little shocked when I looked at the numbers. Totally bamboozled comes closer to describing it.

Is it just that I’m not looking hard enough? Or do you have better techniques in finding properties with numbers like this one?

Thanks!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.