All Topics / Heads Up! / Craig Trunbull

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing
    Originally posted by kerwyn:

Hi All
    I have spent a lot of time with Craig and I can tell you he is the real deal. He is straight forward and will not spin you any bull.
    To all of you who have written derogatory post about Craig I have a simple answer? He is a millionaire many times over out of property investing and you are not?
    When you get to his level I will only gladly listen to your views.

I gotta agree with Dazzling Kerwyn..you’re now making broad assumptions regarding some of the people on the forum..

I enjoy listening to Craig on the radio, sometimes i learn something other times I could’ve answered the question that he couldn’t..but thats because we ALL have different levels of experience and knowledge.

I’m “certain” Craig could learn from some of the valued contributors here as well, you’d be amazed at the depth of knowledge on this and Somersofts forums..

If you are getting worth and enjoyment out of Craigs group..then congratulations and keep it up, its better than rotting in front of the TV watching neighbours…

REDWING
    Kerwyn

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing
    Originally posted by Smithy29:

I to am doing a mentoring program with Craig and to this day it is one of my best decisions and some of the best money I have ever spent.
    Thats great Smithy..Fantastic as Craig would say [biggrin] Pegasus asked for Good and Bad experiences and we welcome your Post

So many would be and so called investors focus totally in on the dollars and cents of the deal and nothing else. The truely great investors, who are finnacially free for the rest of their lives know that there is so much more to it than that and that’s why they always seem to get the great deals.
    ?
    I t disappoints me some what to read some of the comments as some of them are far from constructive but more to do with a “tall poppy syndrome” kind of attitude.

There are comments made saying that Craig does not have a defined view on property. Maybe that’s because there are so many ways of making good profit in realestate why would you limit yourself to one or two? Having said that Craig’s focus is on renovations and developments but that’s what suites Craig. This dosen’t mean that doing reno’s and developing are the only ways to invest in realestate. Pick what suites you, learn it like the back of your hand and go for it
    I agree and I also think Craig will only get bigger and better, I see a lot of his ideas as being the same as Peter SPANNS..even the talk of Covered Calls etc etc

Now I know that not everyone who goes to Craigs seminairs are going leave totally happy as you can’t please everyone. My experiences with Craig have been nothing but positive , positive ,positive. He knows the property market extemely well and I have learnt so much, not only about facts and figures but about myself and what I can achieve.
    CONGRATULATIONS Smithy you can’t ask for more than that.. and by being on the forum I’m sure you can contribute in a positive way to others

Its great to see all the differing opinions and thoughts from forum members..dont take a bad remark or someones bad experience personally though..

REDWING

Smithy29

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of kerwynkerwyn
    @kerwyn

Hi All
    This will probably come as no surprise but I think Smithy29 is pretty well on the money regarding Craig. Many people are willing to form an opinion based on a few minutes listening without taking the time to get some in depth education. You can form a negative opinion about Steve McKnight or Rick Otten or even John Burley who Robert Kiyosaki states in one of his books; as having the best mind for property he has ever met?
    I don’t know if anyone has seen the article in this months Property Investor that a Parliamentary joint committee on corporations and financial services has recommended that only licensed real estate agents be able to give property advice. This would mean the above mentioned people could not give advice on how to get wealthy out of investing in property, even though they have made vast amounts of money?
    Now I have talked to many real estate agents who do not have a clue about property investing apart from buy and hold and negative gearing and even then they did not know much. Would anyone on this forum be happy with this cozy little arrangement: well I for one would not?
    I do know that Craig is a licensed real estate agent but I am not sure the others are.
    All these people mentioned have walked the walk and should not be put down by people who have not reached the same heights. No one knows everything but I would take there advice over some dropkick real estate agent any day.
    Kerwyn.

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling
    No one knows everything but I would take there advice over some dropkick real estate agent any day.

Technically, that’s where you go wrong Kerwyn. I seem to recall at Craig’s seminar a great big page slapped up right at the very front of his presentation. He called it his “Get out of jail free card” and meticulously went through every line with all 600 or so people….to emphasise very clearly to everyone sitting in the audience that ;

a) None of what he said was advice.
    b) He stood behind nothing of what he said.
    c) No-one was to act or take anything what he said as the truth.

You could clearly see that his legal advisers had really done a number on the presentation.

When push really comes to shove….he doesn’t and absolutely will not stand by anything he says. It was under the general guise of “education and entertainment”. He freely admitted he was not an adviser and could not provide advice.

However, I agree that Craig has some very reasonable things to say, once you cut through all of the salesmanship and bluff of the presenter. What you do with the “education and entertainment” is purely up to you…don’t be officially leaning on him though…there ain’t nothing there.

Have a squiz at my “advice” thread….pretty much sums it all up.

Cheers,

Dazzling

“No point having a cake if you can’t eat it.”

Profile photo of kerwynkerwyn
    @kerwyn

Hi Dazzling
    I am not sure if you have done any other seminars since you attended Craig’s, but I have been to quite a few. The first I went to was John Burley in Sydney, then one of Steve’s and of course Craig’s I also have a few CDs of Rick Otten’s live seminars.

You stated that “Technically, that’s where you go wrong Kerwyn. I seem to recall at Craig’s seminar a great big page slapped up right at the very front of his presentation”

Now the reason for this is very simple: last year ASIC changed the rules to make in illegal to give financial advice if you are not a registered financial advisor. I can tell you that all the above mentioned people have the same disclaimer as you sew at Craig’s seminar. You will also find that if there is to be financial advice given like asset protection, the presenters will have a registered person giving that advice.
    There is nothing shady or untoward about the disclaimers made at the seminars by the presenter, it is purely there to protect themselves. ASIC has been known to have an undercover person in the audience just to make sure no financial advice is given by a non licensed presenter.
    If you want to turn a large amount of money into a small amount then go see one of these so called licensed financial advisors. Just ask the people who took their advice and put their money in managed funds a few years ago? Just because ASIC puts in new rules does not make them correct, most times it is just another form of control by some lobby group with alternative self protection motives.

You can never have enough education that is why I do not begrudge paying to go to seminars or buy CDs and DVDs. I tend to place a high regard on education.
    Kerwyn.

“Being rich is having money, being wealthy is having time”

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.