All Topics / Forum Frolic / Perth Master Class

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of IronhideIronhide
    @ironhide

Have just got home from the Perth masterclass and am trying to complete my homework of doing 3 posts on the forum, but my brain is completely fried and I can’t think of anything intellegent to say![blink]
    Thanks Steve and the team for a great day, I’m determined to make sure I get the most out of everything I learnt, I’m really inspired!

Katie

Profile photo of krskrs
    @krs

Hi Katie,

I too was a fellow participant today and totally agree with your forum post (both the fried brain and the inspired part!!). If there is anyone out there who is unsure about attending the masterclass…go for it, it was well worth it!

Can anyone point me in the right direction of an accountant who is knowledgeable about property investment in Perth please?

Cheers
    krs

Profile photo of PegasusPegasus
    @pegasus

I also attended the master class in Perth, and would also like to extend my thanks to Steve and the team. The day was time well spent and interesting, but I was disappointed that the focus had moved from positive cashflow properties as such. It is my understanding that these are still hard to find and that Steve and co. have moved away from this focus, although he dodged a little every time this was asked! What were other people interpretations of this please?

Profile photo of kenkoh2000kenkoh2000
    @kenkoh2000

Dear All,

1. I have also attended the Perth Masterclass yesterday.

2. Beside this forum at PropertyInvesting.com, I will like to invite our members and fellow participants to consider visiting similar property investing forum at http://www.somersoft.com.au/forums, whereby both the positive cashflow and the capital growth approach of property investing are being discussed in order to have a balanced views towards property investing in general.

3. Both the approaches have its own place among the various members. What is important is for each one of us to learn to develop that unique “niche” for our success in property investing, given our own unique talents, personality and investing circumstances and constraints.

4. Cheers

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Profile photo of kenkoh2000kenkoh2000
    @kenkoh2000
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Pegasus:

I also attended the master class in Perth, and would also like to extend my thanks to Steve and the team. The day was time well spent and interesting, but I was disappointed that the focus had moved from positive cashflow properties as such. It is my understanding that these are still hard to find and that Steve and co. have moved away from this focus, although he dodged a little every time this was asked! What were other people interpretations of this please?
    Dear Pegasus,

1. Have you wonder why Steve is “dodging” the “Positive Cashflow Properties” focus as you have claimed?

2. To me, a Positive Cashflow property can easily become negative gearing once there is an increase in the house price and its rental yield fail to catch as such.

3…Will you not welcome a price increase for your house as such? Then, ask yourself again, what’s wrong when the same initially Cashflow Positive property becomes negative gearing as a result of the house price increase and correspondingly suffers a percentage fall in its rental yield rate, all other things being equal?

4. If you are presently pay taxes for your employment income, why would you not welcome some tax rebates from ATO as a result of your property investing activity and the new negative gearing position, especially if the tax offsets/”loss” is largely due to paper loss as a result of the building and fittings depreciation, rather than a real negative cashflow position?

5. For your considerations and further comments,please.

6. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Profile photo of IronhideIronhide
    @ironhide

Hi Kenneth and Pegasus,

I’m not sure that they did move away from positive cash flow; despite the majority of the room voting that they thought prices in Perth would continue to rise, the large sideways vote and the vibes I got from Steve made me think that property rises wouldn’t be guaranteed and that careful property selection was still needed if you wanted capital growth.

I also thought that he was trying to impress the need to use more creative strategies to get positive cashflow, not just a basic reno.

The strongest impression I came away with was that hanging onto any property that wasn’t giving you the maximum return either as captial growth or positive cashflow would be a mistake as sooner or later things are going to start moving sideways.

I think I’ve confused myself now!

I just remember feeling uncomfortable when people kept asking ‘where can we find positive cashflow properties’ I don’t think that was the point of the seminar at all.

Katie

Profile photo of IronhideIronhide
    @ironhide

Hi Krs,

A lady I met recommended her Accountant, she said he wasn’t cheap but owned a lot of property, I haven’t called him yet.
    Not sure about whether I should post his details on the forum – does anyone know the right ettiquette for these things, given that I don’t know the guy personally?

Thanks

Katie

Profile photo of WilleWille
    @wille

G-Day all,

Also attended, red-eye flight back to Sydney then 1 1/2 Hr drive home = a lot of thinking time.(20+ Hrs awake)

1, to date I don’t have an IP (beginner)

2, realised I have a lot more study to do on “TRUST” / structure / strategy & JV

3, confirmed to me property is no diffrent to a lot of investing vehicles where you need to think out-side the square, an ever changing enviroment and not just jump on the train to success

4, got a lot out of it.

5, “Knowledge is Power”

Wille

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.