All Topics / Help Needed! / property managers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of aleealee
    Participant
    @alee

Hi all, just wanting to know what is the usual % you pay a property manager to look after a rental property. i am currently in the middle of purchasing a unit rented for $110.00 and the property managers are charging 3.5% on rent commission, 5% management fee plus $8/ month for admin expenses. is this about the norm??

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney
    Originally posted by alee:

Hi all, just wanting to know what is the usual % you pay a property manager to look after a rental property. i am currently in the middle of purchasing a unit rented for $110.00 and the property managers are charging 3.5% on rent commission, 5% management fee plus $8/ month for admin expenses. is this about the norm??

Don’t skimp on this – pay for a good property manager, they can add considerable value to your property.

Fees vary from state to state and are derugulated so agencies can charge whatever they want. WHat you have been quoted is on the low side, so I would check carefully what you are getting for your money.

If you wnat to know what to look for in a PM check this link

http://www.rentingmelbourne.com.au/html/s02_article/article_view.asp?art_id=109

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Profile photo of camdercamder
    Participant
    @camder

Alee,

We pay from 7% to 8% agent fee + $2 -$4 per month Admin Fee with GST payable on total deduction. Which I think “stinks” Why pay GST on commission when we do not pay if PM ourselves.
    Fine to pay GST on collecting rent as this is a service but “urks” me to pay GST on Admin. fee as well . The way it appears—you will pay about 8.5%on rent but $8 admin fee seems a lot.Agent getting $18 per week on your proprty.Check for other agents in area but $8 admin fee seems over the top to me even more so if GST is on top.Cheers for now Len

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

We pay 8.8% management fee, and $3 administration fee (includes statements&postage) and $25 for the annual statement in June. I’m very happy to pay this to a good manager.

Celivia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.