All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing in Thai property

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of SledgeSledge
    @sledge

Hi all from a newbie.

Just wanted to get your opinion on investing in Thailand.

I have heard a few good things and I am particularly interested in this company.

http://www.?????.com

They say they promise an 8% return GUARANTEED.

You buy a villa or appartment in their complex and you use it for 30 days per year for holidays and the rest of the time they rent it out for you. You can choose 8% guaranteed or 40% of the rental revenue which ever you thing will be greater.

Any thoughts?

Profile photo of SeeChangeSeeChange
    @seechange
    Originally posted by Sledge:

Hi all from a newbie.

Just wanted to get your opinion on investing in Thailand.

I have heard a few good things and I am particularly interested in this company.

http://www.?????.com

They say they promise an 8% return GUARANTEED.

You buy a villa or appartment in their complex and you use it for 30 days per year for holidays and the rest of the time they rent it out for you. You can choose 8% guaranteed or 40% of the rental revenue which ever you thing will be greater.

Any thoughts?

Initial thought

What’s your position in the company ..

See Change

Profile photo of SledgeSledge
    @sledge

Thanks for your help. Are you all so friendly in here or is it just you.

Sledge

@seechange
    Originally posted by Sledge:

Thanks for your help. Are you all so friendly in here or is it just you.

Sledge

Yes [biggrin]

Flattery will get you no where …..[baaa]

See Change

Profile photo of SledgeSledge
    @sledge

I have obviously wasted my time and effort registering. I shall not return.

Mods please delete my memebership!

Sledge

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Hi Sledge,

Hope you haven’t gone yet but deciding between 8% guaranteed or 40% of rental revenue sounds like a game of two-up with a residential real estate twist.

If you’re not affiliated I would steer clear.

Profile photo of annemlanneml
    Participant
    @anneml

Sledge,

I must say what an interesting response. How powerful did you make SeeChange?

Anne.

@seechange
    Originally posted by AnneLeo:

Sledge,

I must say what an interesting response. How powerful did you make SeeChange?

Anne.

Anne I think Sledge’s name and reaction say it all. If it had been a genuine question they would have reacted differently.

I think many people thought the same about the post, but didn’t bother responding. Normally I don’t.

See Change

Profile photo of neo25x5neo25x5
    @neo25x5

Sledge

I’m surprised that you not able to take constructive criticism. What did you expect, that everyone here would be jumping out of our clothes to invest in Thailand????? Frankly unless you had some relation over there partnering in the investment (keep an eye on it etc.) , I would stay right away from investing in areas that I didn’t know anything about.

Eric

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Sledge,

By all means stay and continue posting – you are very welcome.

Be aware that if someone pops up on a forum dangling a URL to an investment company on their first post it is understandable that most people will think it spam. We get a fair bit of it and it is regularly removed.

This is why the URL has been removed.

All the best,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of annemlanneml
    Participant
    @anneml

SeeChange,

Sometimes I am just so naive. Ahh well, another lesson re discernment and restraint.

Anne

Profile photo of SnakeSnake
    @snake

Last time I was in Thailand (nearly 10 years ago now) I was led to believe that only Thai national could own real estate property. Even if an ex-pat married a Thai national woman, that was not enough to enable them to own real estate.

The big enticement of working in Thailand was the (relatively) low tax rate (top bracket was 30%) and the ATO-Thailand tax treaty. I ended up with low-income support from ATO that year.

But I could be wrong and/or things could have changed since then.

Regards,
    Snake

Profile photo of QAQA
    Participant
    @qa

May be like the Philippines, where you can own an apartment, but not a house on land. If you are married to a resident, it is possible to buy house and land but if anything happened to them, land would forfeit back to the government.
    This is my understanding

Profile photo of phanpeterphanpeter
    @phanpeter

Hi there

Just attended the Masterclass in Perth where Dave spoke about his experiences in NZ & US.

Some issues to consider
    * local knowledge ie getting out there and seeing the lay of the land yourself. How do you know the money you are paying of that investment is going to the investment and not someone’s dream porsche.
    * not too sure whether the investment involves $Aust or $US or $FX (some other foreign exchange currency). There may be implications eg make money on investment but losses when you sell during due to currency conversions.
    * Different land, different laws.
    * Whether you are a resident / citizen of that country may have commercial implications.

Peter

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.