All Topics / Help Needed! / Frustrated Perth buyer

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of MicasaMicasa
    @micasa

If you work in Joondalup then South is not an option unless you want to travel all day.

I live in Perth and recently purchased my 5th investment property in Scarborough. I have two more in Innaloo and two south of the river.

If you are first home buyer and you need to be close to Joondalup I would be looking at Yanchep, Quinns Rock, and Two Rocks. As close to the beach as possible.

It also depends on how much you want to spend and what the house is for. If its $500000+ family home then Kallaroo still has some value properties close to the beach and city.

Regards

M

Profile photo of carlincarlin
    Participant
    @carlin

Here are two tactics that have worked well for me in terms of finding places when everything seems to be selling high.

1. Go back over old real estate adverts (from 2-3 months ago), circle ones you like and see if they’re still on the market. It’s amazing the difference in original asking price and selling price sometimes. Vendors naturally want to try for what they can get, but you can get lucky if the vendor has asked for way too much at the start and lost the benefit of being a new listing.

2. Just drive around the areas you’re interested in. You can sometimes get lucky seeing a sign for a place that isn’t being widely advertised.

good luck!

regards,
    Carlin

Profile photo of westinvestwestinvest
    @westinvest

Good tip Carlin,thks
    Regards

Profile photo of jodieleighjodieleigh
    @jodieleigh

Yes I agree with geraldton and Karratha. I have investment properties in both and get very good rent returns as well as capital gains.

Profile photo of westinvestwestinvest
    @westinvest
    Originally posted by jodieleigh:

Yes I agree with geraldton and Karratha. I have investment properties in both and get very good rent returns as well as capital gains.

Seems we are all doing well in W.A North, South how about in land say 30 plus K’s from the coast.
    Regards

Profile photo of gnjgnj
    @gnj

My First post & not sure that you would want any of my advice, but here goes anyway. When I first started looking at property I couldn’t decide where to buy. There were soooo many options. Every weekend I would religiously look in 15-20 areas. I couldn’t decide which would be best & passed opportunity after opportunity because there was “probably something better in one of those hotter suburbs “…. That time was not well spent & it can never be replaced.
    Not sure if you have already done this, but if you narrow down the areas you are looking in (assuming you are happy with the fundamentals in those areas) it will make the best use of your precious time.

Profile photo of waynel2waynel2
    @waynel2

Hi solomon,

If you live in Joondalup – take a look at the Burns Beach Estate which has just been released… http://www.burnsbeachestate.com.au

if you built and sold a new house in one of the first releases i reckon you’d be onto a winner!

I’ve got 2 IPS in merriwa which haven’t done to bad either…

Wayne Leech

*Below are links to my websites – any feedback, comments would be appreciated:)
    http://www.holidayhomeswa.com.au – Holiday Homes in Western Australia
    http://www.wheretostaywa.com.au – Accommodation in Western Australia
    http://www.homesearcher.com.au – List your property for FREE

Profile photo of jebrojebro
    @jebro

Hi, I’m new to the forum, just doing my homework as suggested by Steve at the Perth Masterclass held yesterday (which was great by the way!).
    If you want/need to purchase in a certain area then just keep going. It’s all about due diligence,viewing, making offers and not giving up.Persevere, persevere, persevere and you will succeed.
    Good luck.

Jenny

J L Smith

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

Wayne what sort of prices are the first release blocks going for do you know?

http://www.megainvestments.com.au

John Carroll

Profile photo of PegasusPegasus
    @pegasus

Being a Perth investor myself, I find I have had similar experiences. The market here is certainly not dead with growth being seen in many suburbs. However, any individual property should be assessed on it’s merits and how it fits in with one’s own investing plan/portfolio. I find that the market itself has less of an impact on what I do, although I am always willing to take the assistance it has continued to provide recently!

Pegasus

Profile photo of Smiling SueSmiling Sue
    @smiling-sue

To the lady in Perth,
    I am in Perth too and it sure is hot here.
    I wish I had lots of money to snap up as many properties as I could.
    Maybe the negotiating side of thing should be worked on.
    Best of luck.
    Sue

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.