All Topics / General Property / McKnight buys 30 US homes for $1m

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys

Piggy said

does Muppet also get one for promoting your service or is he a friend

No I don’t get a commission. I have no desire to invest in the USA. I am watching with amusement the amount of interest being shown in the American market.

However I have met Westan and respect his integrity in the services that he offers. Many Australians have bought properties through Westan’s services in various parts of New Zealand.

Piggy also said:

but I am very wary about who is offering services and what you get for your fee.

Therefore I would also be wary of people who are also offering information voluntarily.

Both Quiggles and Westan have been to the USA and have found out how hard it is to set up their systems so it would make sense to pay them for their advice because they have been there and done it.
    Mind you so has Steve. I can see a new book coming up sometime in the future.

Happy investing guys

Regards

Profile photo of piggypiggy
    @piggy

Last one from me on this one busy packing. This is free information from a local agent who has worked with Hunt Real Estate in the area for a very long time. But as Muppet said be wary of people offering information for free. I am going to meet up with him on Tuesday and take it from there.

Both sides of the story I sent an agent in the Us samples of the deals that are being emailed around over here to buy of of these guys from buffalo that were in Australia selling houses recently. Some key points that came back were

He said that a buyer does not incur any additional fees other than closing and inspection and that I should stick to the one agent in town as they can broker any deal that is listed on the market another agent also told me this and wanted me to work exclusively with them

The buyers agent should only get his commission in the sale and that is split with the sellers agent and comes out the purchase price and is not added on the seller pays these fees ie no extra fee

Questioned the legality of charging extra fee and said that the guys in buffalo should not be doing that unless it is included in the purchase price

If you were going to pay an extra fee then you would expect to be getting a really good find, 60% of appraised value etc Buffalo is a buyers market there are plenty of houses for sale he said ask them how much they paid for the house Its not like California where guys actually scout the streets to find special deals

Always buy of the market that way you know that you are not getting an out of towner price there is a price for locals and a price for out of towners typically you will get a good rental property in a good location at around 90% of its listed price pay around 40K for a duplex with three bedrooms in each unit.

So that it from me I am going over to find out for myself. Hopefully will post when I get back.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hi guys

Westan has posted a thousand posts ‘for free’ here. He’s also on an audio product with me. No, that’s not free, it’s $98 bucks.

Why is it not free? Why did we make it? Many many many many newbies come here and say ‘where are the cashflow positive properties, what do I do first, what about this, what if that, what do I do if this happens, where should I get finance, how much does this cost, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ‘

and so after a few years of re-typing the same info, a while back westan, del, castledreamer, family first, and me got together for three days in Sydney and recorded what – tightly edited down – amounted to 2.5 hours- ish of tightly packed content. Costs? graphic designer, manufacture, recording, edit, web design, airfares, accom (investors were from 5 different locations) -e-commerce set up – 8-10 grand. excluding marketing. so we have to sell 100 to break even.
    Maybe put about another 2-3 in for advertising,

This means we all put in 2-3 k each so we could provide it for 100 people (or more) for $98.

So, cue: I am still hearing the same questions and people are asking for westan…so….

here he is

nzpropertytogo.com

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Min

Well said.[baaa]

It is happening on all property forums where newbies come on and ask the same questions and wanting instant answers.

It took me nearly 12 months of research and self educating before I bought my first IP.

Regards

Profile photo of bardon_2bardon_2
    Participant
    @bardon_2

Piggy,

With respect to your question on yields in Buffalo if you are going out there you should be targeting 30% minimum try right on the Buffalo side of Cheektowoga suburb this is a good area and 30%is doable. You also get the benefit of being very close to the suburbs.

Profile photo of jonasjonas
    @jonas

Hi all,

I may be risking a lot of critique for sying this but there seems to be lot of negativity in some of the posts. Lighten up and don’t be so quick to point fingers, the only way to move up and forward is through an open and positive mind.

By the way Steve did say during this weeks masterclass in perth that he has in fact stopped buying real estate. That doesn’t mean that his partner Dave has stopped.

Steve is walking his talk, I wonder if those who are giving him critique are???

Cheer up and happy investing

jb

Profile photo of bardon_2bardon_2
    Participant
    @bardon_2
    Originally posted by jonas:

By the way Steve did say during this weeks masterclass in perth that he has in fact stopped buying real estate. That doesn’t mean that his partner Dave has stopped.

jb

well thats not what the quote in the Australian say

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.