All Topics / General Property / McKnight buys 30 US homes for $1m

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

Hi,

I came across this article over at Somersoft, I hope it’s ok posting it here. It’s all public knowledge so I don’t see any problem in doing so.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1287

(featured in The Australian on 02/06/2005)

Regards,
    Ozi

Profile photo of ilearnerilearner
    @ilearner

Good post! This would put some cold water on these people who have put their regular “positive” views … Steve is not silly … that is why he has made money. I wish those reading Steve’s books and wanted to jump in take a very careful step. Real Estate market is NOT double every 7 years. Buying at right time is fundamental!

Profile photo of bruhambruham
    Participant
    @bruham

Come on all you Steve fans. Grab your buckets of money and rush off to the U.S. and buy,buy,buy.
    So far S.McK. is far and away in front of anyone on this website, so let’s copy Steve.

Notice how Steve doesn’t let his loyal fans into anything he’s upto. Not even after the event.

Maybe “we” give out too much information for our own good!
    Is this why they say this website is boring? People are learning to keep their mouths shut, which means this site is doomed!

I’ve noticed that most of the long term posters have gone and now we have first up posters.
    Without the experienced investers posting then this website will die a boring death.

bruham.[glum]

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Bruham,

You seem to be swinging a fairly broad brush there…are you sure about most of your assumptions.

So far S.McK. is far and away in front of anyone on this website“….are you sure ?? How do you know how much Steve has or anyone else for that matter ?? # of props is usually a really poor guide as to net wealth. Is there a truthful, verifiable wealth ranking somewhere here that I’ve missed ?? This isn’t a race…no point comparing yourself with others. Mr Packer probably earns more per day than Steve has ever earned in his entire life…good luck to both gentlemen I say !!

most of the long term posters have gone…Without the experienced investers posting“…sorry I hadn’t noticed that the 4 stars were the most experienced investors. I remember one particular chap with about 16 posts (ah – that’s no stars), who admitted he didn’t post much, but had over 30 years experience and over 15MM equity…the eldest poster started on Jan 1 2002…that’s a very short time indeed, less than 3-1/2 yrs…a mere pup in the market if post numbers are anything to go by – and that’s the longest !!! How many posts does Packer / Anderson / Bond / Roberts have ?? Probably all none…but you never know…they might all be lurking under the Avatar of “Mrs Quiggles”…who knows ??

Steve is under absolutely no obligation to post anything on here. Actually, I’d be overwhelmed if anyone was posting because they were forced to – perhaps they enjoy the interaction and knowledge sharing base here. This is a public forum after all – are you personally expecting something to be handed to you on a platter at regular intervals that you can turn into cash ??

Profile photo of NobleoneNobleone
    @nobleone

Hi All,

Bruham wrote…

Come on all you Steve fans. Grab your buckets of money and rush off to the U.S. and buy,buy,buy.
    So far S.McK. is far and away in front of anyone on this website, so let’s copy Steve.

[baaa]

And once again I caution all those considering investing in the US that economically things are not all warm honey and sweet smelling roses in the land of ‘the free’… The link below to a 35 page pdf document is a long read but worth is as it spells out in simple language just how precarious the economy of the US is right now.

http://www.rense.com/general65/Coming_Financial_Crash.pdf

Cheers, Nobleone. [biggrin]

“Making mistakes is just another another tool for learning.”

Participant
    @bruham

Dazzling,
    What you said might be right, about my assumptions, there could be quite a few people on this website that are in a better financial position than Steve. But I doubt it.

(Everyone who believes their wealth is greater than Steve’s please confess.Please be truthful.
    No stretching the truth.Not even a little white lie will be allowed).

Why wouldn’t Steve tell all his loyal fans about his wonderful purchases. Could there be another seminar in the offering? Put your hands into your pockets to learn more wealth tips from USA Steve!!!

The newspaper cliping stated than the houses cost $us7,000 each. Rented at $100 per week.
    Surely any brain dead person could work out that a two and a bit year loan would buy them one of these places for themselves.Low interest rate in the U.S. Eighteen months of principal and twelve months of interest.
    So why don’t these people buy there own homes?
    Could they be the retards of society. Living in areas that no one else would buy?
    Would you rent them one of your investments?

“This isn’t a race”. What ashame it isn’t!
    S.McK. presenter, at the Sydney Opera House(of course). Black tie occation.
    First place for buying more properties than anyone else,category one. Category two, goes to the invester who builds the most wealth for the year.Etc,etc.

Yes Dazzling I do remember that rare posting of the gentleman who made a fortune from property investing.That post would be the highlight of any post that I’ve ever read.
    It’s a real shame that we don’t read more posts of this quality.

bruham.

Profile photo of tom1000000tom1000000
    Participant
    @tom1000000

I want to know when Steve will stop!

Here is a Guru that is supposedly an expert. Yet he is still buying, buying and buying.

Shouldn’t he be living off all the brilliant decisions that he has already made?

If he has to keep on buying property then really investment is just another job since apparently you never stop.

Also it makes it harder for us to find good deals when Steve goes and takes a whole bunch of them.

I would like to ask Steve when he plans to officially “retire” from investing and live off the passive income he talks about so often.

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Perhaps we may want to ‘redefine’ the definition of ‘retire?’ I’d like to think that when I retire, I can do the things that I’m ‘passionate’ about? Perhaps the terms ‘retire’ and ‘passionate’ belong together? After all, the day you stop learning is the day you stop teaching?
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

“Sometimes the hardest thing to do in life is often the best thing to do.”

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don
    Shouldn’t he be living off all the brilliant decisions that he has already made?

if he has to keep on buying property then really investment is just another job since apparently you never stop.

Gee, it’s all about having the freedom to do what you want. Oviously buyings IP’s and running seminars are a passion for Mr McKnight.

Investing in property has given us the freedom to do what we want to be doing right now.

Successful people don’t just stop improving themselves. Success gives people freedom. Yes I will say it again. Say buying property in the US turns out to be a bad idea for Mr Mcknight? I don’t think it would really matter. However, if I were to buy the same 30 homes I would have all my eggs in one basket and the consequences would be far more significant for me if things went wrong.

Why wouldn’t Steve tell all his loyal fans about his wonderful purchases. Could there be another seminar in the offering? Put your hands into your pockets to learn more wealth tips from USA Steve!!!

There are people in this forum and somersoft who have been buying and bridogging properties in that same area for quite some time. It was no big secret!!! Why would you need someone well known to do it before you act.

Cheers

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis
    Originally posted by tom1000000:

I want to know when Steve will stop!

Here is a Guru that is supposedly an expert. Yet he is still buying, buying and buying.

If he has to keep on buying property then really investment is just another job since apparently you never stop.

Also it makes it harder for us to find good deals when Steve goes and takes a whole bunch of them.

I would like to ask Steve when he plans to officially “retire” from investing and live off the passive income he talks about so often.

Stop bleating about it and go do something then. What has stopped you going to the US and buying?

With a population of 340 million and at least 100 million dwellings across the country surely Steve buying 30 doesn’t harm your chances that badly.

Ask Westan or Quiggles to find you some deals – both seem like good people and will help you out for a very small fee in the big scheme of things.

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454
    Originally posted by bruham:

(Why wouldn’t Steve tell all his loyal fans about his wonderful purchases. Could there be another seminar in the offering? Put your hands into your pockets to learn more wealth tips from USA Steve!!!

The newspaper cliping stated than the houses cost $us7,000 each. Rented at $100 per week.
    Surely any brain dead person could work out that a two and a bit year loan would buy them one of these places for themselves.Low interest rate in the U.S. Eighteen months of principal and twelve months of interest.
    So why don’t these people buy there own homes?
    Could they be the retards of society. Living in areas that no one else would buy?
    Would you rent them one of your investments?

Among my various US trips I have visited small regional towns near New Orleans and Orlando, Hard to describe but you would be desparate to live there, very desparate.
    Even on the outskirts of New Jersey, real sad.
    Not all the US is NY and LA

Profile photo of turbozturboz
    @turboz

Hi All
    I am fairly knew to investing.Have you ever thought that Steve may just enjoy buying property.And if you find something in life you enjoy and you are passionate about and the bonus is you may make money.Why would you ever stop.I don’t think Steve needs to share everything with us.We need to get off our seats and do our own hard work finding thess great deals.That’s what the journey is all about.Sure what ever information Steve or Dave want to share I will always be ready to listen and learn.I also learn from the people on this forum.I think a little respect goes a long way.[biggrin][biggrin]

Participant
    @bruham

Another reason STEVIE can’t afford to stop buying property is, he only owns a quarter share of everthing he’s involved in.
    If the big “D” comes (divorce) and Bradley spits the dummy. That leaves STEVIE with only a quarter share.
    DIVORCE is worse that DEATH!!!
    When you’re dead you don’t know it.
    When you’re divorced you bloody know it -for the rest of your miserable life.
    SHE SEES TO THAT!!!!
    For me, three times each one costing OVER ONE MILLION DOLLARS EACH.
    I’m going to cry.

How do we know how rich S.McK. is? We all know!
    On the covers of his books. “O to 130 properties in one Year. Etc, etc ,etc.
    The covers of authors’ books should be call SUCKER BAIT.Come in spinner!

Just two thoughts.
    bruham.[evil4]

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Calm down, bruham- no need to be so personal.

kay henry

Profile photo of neo25x5neo25x5
    @neo25x5

i agree. what a nasty post!! sounds to me like an attack of the tall poppy again…….

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

All together say “pre-nup”

Profile photo of quigglesquiggles
    @quiggles

Frankly, I suspect that even if Steve’s net worth and annual income were quartered, (a) they’d be bigger than mine and (b) he’d be able to recover in a very short period.

Of course, that suggests that he has a poor talent in selecting business and marital partners. Given the posts to date, I’d suggest that Steve is not the one with this problem or track record.

Now, can we get back to property?

bruham, you are making claims to considerable wealth building talent – hard to have the $3M to lose, without such a talent – why not share some of that with us. As I have done.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

There are certainly opportunities in the US market, but with overseas investing attracts significant risks… especially when it comes to financing and managing the deal.

In terms of the $7k houses, they certainly exist, however we have been shyed away from them as did not present as the best investments.

Nevertheless, I am currently working on an article about Aussies investing abroad. When it’s finished I will post it up here on the site where you’ll be able to access it for free.

Next up, please avoid any nonsense debate about divorce, as that is not helpful for anyone. Nor are questions about who is worth more than who. Wealth creation is not a race, rather it is a journey about trying to figure out how to use money to create a better life without becoming consumed to it.

Constructive criticism can be helpful, but destructive criticism denotes bitter envy and selfish ambition. It is always better to encourage than to tear down.

Finally, there are no secrets. If you have a question then by all means post it and I will answer when time permits.

Have a great night.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of tom1000000tom1000000
    Participant
    @tom1000000

Hello Steve.

Here is an easy question for you:

When do you plan to stop buying investment properties?

We know you have bought over 150. Surely you have an income now that allows you to forget about investment and to “retire” eg move onto more enjoyable things?

If you answer along the lines of “oh I enjoy property investing” I would argue you are a workaholic who needs to get a life.

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b
    Originally posted by bruham:

DIVORCE is worse that DEATH!!!
    When you’re dead you don’t know it.
    When you’re divorced you bloody know it -for the rest of your miserable life.
    SHE SEES TO THAT!!!!
    For me, three times each one costing OVER ONE MILLION DOLLARS EACH.
    I’m going to cry.

I think you should learn a lesson from your experience. Your posts show a terrible attitude at times. <edited> Have you ever thought of changing yourself instead of expecting all around you to change?

<edited>

The Mortgage Adviser

http://www.themortgageadviser.com.au
    [email protected]
    Essential Links

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.