All Topics / Help Needed! / opinion on mt waverley vs glen waverley in vic?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of babu88babu88
    Participant
    @babu88

I have seen a lot of new townhouses being built in Mt Waverley and Glen Waverley in Melbourne. I would like to know if I want to buy a townhouse which of these suburbs should I select – Mt Waverley or Glen Waverley? Also, which part of Mt Waverley or Glen Waverley should I be looking at, or avoiding? Wheelers Hills is in the Glen Waverley postcode. Is this a good area? Thank you in advance for anyone who replies.

Profile photo of TrishClarkTrishClark
    @trishclark

Hi

When we first moved to Melbourne we rented a property in Glen Waverley and thought we would buy in this suburb. When we made enquires regarding the two suburbs this is what all the real estate agents told us.
    Glen Waverley anywhere within walking distance of the Glen (the local mall) and also if you are in the Glen Waverley High zone. Unfortunately this part of Glen Waverley is also the most expensive due to the fact it is also walking distance to the train station and all the cafe’s.
    As for Mt Waverley the same goes except for the school zone. The desirable part of Mt Waverley is Essex Heights and in and around the train station.
    In the end we brought in Wantirna which is one suburb over.
    My biggest bit of advice is to talk to all the property managers within the area and see what they say and where the tenants wish to be. I can recommend Judd White in Glen Waverley they were very good when we were tenants.
    Hope this helps.

Trish

Profile photo of babu88babu88
    Participant
    @babu88

Thank you, Trish, so much for your very helpful advice and great comment on Mt Waverley and Glen Waverley. I did notice that there are a lot of real estate agents in Glen Waverley, and very few in Mt Waverley.

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi babu,
    I live in Forest Hill, not too far from Glen Waverley. I would suggest doing a search on both suburbs you’ve mentioned. Personally, if you can find a good deal for what you want, I would look at Glen Waverely close to The Glen if possible. These are just my thoughts and being a relatively local I remember and still have friends that rent there. I remember a joke when the train line was built, they stopped at Glen Waverely and looked around and thought bugger it and stopped the train line! Seriously though, I think Glen Waverely has more current infrastructure to meet tennants needs if you can buy into there.
    Good luck!
    regards,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of babu88babu88
    Participant
    @babu88

Thanks, Gatsby, for your additional comments and affirmed view on Glen Waverley. I checked the net for the train lines in Melbourne, and you are right Glen Waverley is at the end of the line! I will focus on Glen Waverley and be phoning a few agents to get on their books for new listings etc.

@gatsby

No worries babu,
    good luck with your research.
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of Endless SummerEndless Summer
    @endless-summer

Glen Waverley was once an innexpensive place to buy into. However in recent years, and partly I believe due to the high VCE scores obtained by the students of Glen Waverley High school being a public school (and the initial low house prices), it has attracted families to the area and hence increased prices.

Town houses are catering to the ageing population – which is in many areas ofcourse – but I beleive it is higher in the Glen Waverley area.Good luck.

@gatsby

Also Babu,
    The Glen now has a major cinema complex and a huge public (bus) transport infrastructure that goes to Monash Uni, Blackburn Station, The beach, et al. (I had my first job at ‘Glan Waverely Shops after a I left school at the ANZ bank,..lasted 6 months! Today, I remember back to what it was like then and how big it is now.)
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

“Sometimes the hardest thing to do in life is often the best thing to do.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.