All Topics / Help Needed! / Getting Started

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of TerrycTerryc
    @terryc

Hi everyone,
    This is the firts time i have been in this site, i am halfway through Steves book 0-130 properties. I am having trouble locating properties that fit the critea for Positive gearing , is there a specific site i should be looking at to find deals. I tried the house hunter site but they seem to fail Steves 11 secind rule , whats the go there….are there any sort of proprty investment clubs around Brisbane wher people meet and discuss Steves phiosophy.

Cheers
    TC

terry cole

Profile photo of nieceonieceo
    @nieceo

Hi, this is my first time on the forum and I saw your post. I have just had my offer accepted for my very FIRST property and it is very positively geared. I, like you, thought they didn’t exist….but they certainly do. I found Domain.com to have the majority of cash flow positive (pre tax) property listings. The other thing I did was to make myself known to LOTS and LOTS of Real Estate Agents. Some have even posted me things like maps of their areas, stats including population etc etc. The ones that don’t get back to me, well, I still pester those ones just to let them know that I REALLY AM KEEN! So keep positive, and happy hunting. I am now looking for my SECOND!!! how exciting…

Profile photo of LuciLuci
    @luci

Hi Terry,

Research is the key. A quick search on the internet, reading half a book… expecting success after so little effort is like expecting to win the lottery just because you bought a ticket.

Have a look through previous posts on this website (you can do a search) and you’ll find countless replies to this question.

Profile photo of jasaljasal
    @jasal

Hi terry, research, research, research. Don;t be afraid to go interstate as well. I live in NSW and am in the process of buying 2 units in cairns positively geared. They are around. realestate.com.au is also a good site. Email agents to find out what rent return is expected to be. As them what sort of improvements you could do to increase the rent returns. Sometimes it is as simple as some new curtains or an air conditioner to get another $10 to $15 a week. Be prepared to maybe spend a little more than that tho. One of the properties we are buying we will be spending a couple of thousand on and the real estate said we should be able to get another $40-$60 a week. Ask lots of questions.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

What sort of units are they in Cairns? Serviced or normal residential?

Well done

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.