All Topics / Help Needed! / Interest rate to 9%

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of danielwpcdanielwpc
    @danielwpc

Hi,

The forcast shows the intesrest rate will increase to 9% next year. Is it a good time to buy my first IP now or wait untill the price drop? Any advise will be helful. Thank!!

Regards,

Daniel

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b
    Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi Daniel,

Are you buying with cash or debt?

Cheers

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of danielwpcdanielwpc
    @danielwpc

I am looking something under 400K and having 10% deposit. It make my loan to 360K and it will make a big difference for 7% to 9%. Will the price drop if the intestst rate to up to 9%? If yes then I can buy a IP with a cheaper price. Is my theory right?

Profile photo of debtdoggdebtdogg
    @debtdogg

As interest rates rise then prices MAY drop depending on demand and the area but that is usually the scenario but if you buy well now there isn’t likely to be any great benefit in waiting because you will also be paying higher rates. Buy now if you can find the deal amd lock in the rate (up to 5 years) if you are worried about rises.

That was a BIS Shrapnel report today forecasting those rates and has also had its detractors.

A crystal ball might help!!

markk
    Happy Hunting
    http://www.kentscollections.com

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

i think debt dog is right in that you may need a crystal ball

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of LuciLuci
    @luci

Personally I doubt it will go so high in such a short space of time – and don’t forget you can negotiate your rate with your lender. My interest rate is less than 7%.

If you hold off because you’re afraid it might go as high as 9% then you’ll probably never invest. Interest rates are always capable of going up or down, and even if it went down there’s no way it would stay down for the next 25 years in which your mortgage is valid.

Profile photo of PrakmanPrakman
    @prakman

Hi All,

Its true that interest rates may go up to 9% according to BIS. But they’re just guessing!! Lets face the facts… the big ugly four banks are letting you fixed the rates for 5 years at less than 7%, do you honestly beleive that they do that becuase they love and care about you? Chances are that rates will not exceed 7% in the next 5 years… so stay variable and buy properties now…

Happy Buying!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.