All Topics / Opinionated! / Somersoft Forum – Your Opinion!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Yet again, I have been banned from the Somersoft forum for what I believe to be standing up to the herd mentality that is clearly evident over there when you disagree with a ‘regular’ or make them look silly for correcting their comments.

The moderators (wanna be cops) at Somersoft have clearly lost all sense of what a moderator is supposed to do. It seems that most of the negative opinion directed at me resulted from comments I made in this forum that did not present them well. I guess I hurt their feelings.

Anyway, I am interested in hearing what others think of the Somersoft forum.

The Mortgage Adviser

http://www.themortgageadviser.com.au
    [email protected]
    Essential Links

Profile photo of Leo ChekhovLeo Chekhov
    @leo-chekhov

Hi Rob

Sorry to hear you got banned. What user name do you use?

While I like your posts here, I must say that the other crowd are so far ahead, it’s just no contest.

Banning? Hey, I have been watching this forum and seen what happens if anyone steps almost an inch outta line. If you don’t worship raps and the host, you’re going to cop it.And, heaven help you if you ask a probing question such as how much is a milionaire worth. Yes, I have seen what happens and the attacks made on the questioners. It has a really evil cult type feel to it at times – not from everyone, mind you, but from a handful of thugish bullies which is common to all packs or cult type mobs.

Look what happened to me the other day when I made just the mildest of comments in my first posts. I got abused and the inference was that because I was a newie I knew nothing. Just like being a newboy at school. Pick on the new and the weak seems to be a common theme here.

This is why so many people do not post here. I feel that as a (almost) “non-poster” on both sites, I am more placed to be objective and, in my judgement, the other site is miles in front of this one – for knowledge, experience, honesty, transparency, cleanliness and maturity.

Gulp.

Leo

P.S. And one more thing. At least on the other one, you don’t have to watch how you spell certain words, such as w r a p s and miliunair, otherwise you seem to be aiding the host to flog you stuff. That’s SO dishonest.

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Leo, I was T.M.A. with the same signature over there.

A lot of the information provided at Somersoft is incorrect or incomplete and when someone tries to correct it, they are silenced very quickly.

This time it was because I outlined that you could gear 100% on shares through managed funds and argued that real estate agents should get a flat commission. The pack attacked and I responded. I get the boot and the pack gets their excitement for this week.

The Somersoft regulars are the biggest bunch of over sensitive internet sooks I have ever come across and I take great pleasure in tormenting them. The mods over there are just ridiculous (excluding one or two which I respect greatly). It is a classic example of small man syndrome enforcing what they believe to be some sort of ‘power’.

What they are not aware of at Somersoft is that I have never ceased being a member there. I use multiple ISPs, IP Addresses and Usernames all over the net and they will never find them all. It is quite funny watching them think they are smarter than everyone else.

If you think they are miles ahead for shutting down any strong and decent challenge to their comments, then I feel concerned. Most of the members there are also members here. They seem to feel threatened as they are forever referring to comments from this site.

In any case, I will let them know my other names at one of their meetings that I have been invited to (under a different name) in the past should I ever decide to attend one in the future.

The Mortgage Adviser

[email protected]
    Essential Links

@leo-chekhov

You are a funny fella. Don’t ya have a social life or are you in between partners or is it a drought – or what?

See ya

Leopold

P.S. Yea, I agree that there seems to be a lot of agents in the other place and they surely don’t like fixed commissions.

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Leo, I am actually working on a very long project on the computers so I do not have much of a social life at the moment.

Just to address some of your other comments…

If you think people cop it hard here, wait until you step over the line at Somersoft. It is ridiculous.

As for wraps, I am not a fan of them and have no problem here when I speak about them adversely.

As for worshipping the host, I think Steve will be the first to tell you that if he ever experiences a break down, it would be my fault. I am always ball-busting Steve for one reason or another but I keep that in email. I certainly do not worship Steve or anyone else for that matter.

Have you actually read my posts? I ask probing questions all the time. So do many others and they are all still here. Try it at Somersoft and watch what happens.

By the way, the cult or pack that you talk of consists of posters who regularly attend Somersoft. I personally think they have an alterior motive for doing this sort of thing and I always hoped they would just stay at Somersoft.

As for newbies copping it, you will never hear it from me unless I think it is someone coming in with a ghost name that I have had a disagreement with just to cause trouble. This happens a lot. An IP trace usually quickly reveals who they are.

So why are you defending Somersoft if you are a ‘non-poster’ over there as well? What has made you feel that you can’t post there?

As for Somersoft being ahead on knowledge, experience, honesty, transparency, cleanliness and maturity, I think you are way off the mark here.

And finally, what is dishonest about the host of this forum selling things? It is his site, he pays for it, the maintenance of it, the content for it, any improvements to it and whatever else. It is like saying that walking into a store you would find it offensive if a price tag was on a packet of chips and you only wanted a can of drink. I would market a lot more and much more visibly if this was my site.

The Mortgage Adviser

[email protected]
    Essential Links

@leo-chekhov

Rob. I take your point, maybe I need to look at the other sight more diligently. I will say that this site is a lot easier to read so probably that’s why I have read more posts and perhaps I have just seen too much of the bully-boy pack-dog types.

I don’t mind someone advertising but what I don’t like is when my words are taken as an almost de-facto type endorsement. It’s deceitful in my opinion and remember, mate, it’s just my opinion.

And please do not think I am “defending” the other people. I suppose it was the wrong thing to say to a bloke who just been kicked in the groin by them. So, sorry.

Anyway, I have another life so I don’t get the hours to post or study these sites and, really, with so much subterfuge, it’s hard to know what to believe, never mind who’s really who.

I remember when the dear host of this site used to post under his real name on another site and then, at the same time, a bodgey name, and how he got caught. I laughed aloud but it really made the point about the credibility of these sorts of places. At least you and I know each other’s names.

Gotta go now, I am on the early shift tomorrow.

Regards

Leo

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Dear MA

I have been posting on Somersoft for the last few years. I have been posting here for only a few weeks. The main difference is that Somersoft is full of people who seem to know everything. Though some of the answers they give really make me wonder. Here there are a look of people who want to learn. I think this site is great

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Australian and New Zealand Buyers advocate
    service and seminars

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of SeeChangeSeeChange
    @seechange

Rob

Intesting to note that you don’t state here that you got banned as a result of a bet.

To Quote you

I rejoined as a bet. Another member wanted to know if I would get the boot within a week again without swearing or directly abusing anyone after some comments I made here. I thought I was a certainty to win. I lost as it took a few days too many.

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/17296/6.html?sortfield=&sortorder=

I think that people on somersoft would disagree that you stuck to your rules.

I apologise for repeating myself. Your banning had nothing to do with your message but every thing to do with your delivery.

See Change

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I just saw this thread now.

I believe it is not appropriate to start a thread about another forum – especially if it paints it in a bad light.

Each to their own. Somersoft is popular with a lot of people so they must be doing some things correct.

Remember you can’t please all of the people all of the time.

I suggest that if there is a site that you don’t enjoy then simply remove it from your bookmark list? I can not for the life of me see what good it does to get upset over something like this. It only hurts yourself and brings yourself down.

Cheer up Rob – I am probably one of the people that continually reassures people that I have met you in real life and that you are a nice bloke – you don’t make it easy for me though [cap]

So this thread is now locked as will anymore threads along the same line.

Have a nice weekend folks.

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.