All Topics / Site Problems / Feedback / PropertyInvesting.com Wishlist

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

The next generation of PropertyInvesting.com is currently being worked on.

Please write down any improvements you would like to see made, whether they be major (like chat rooms), or minor (like formats, fonts, colours, screen size, navigation etc.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Hi Steve

The ability for attachments would be good. eg excel spreadsheets.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

They used to have this and also allow images to be placed in posts before they took them away because I used them and, as usual, people complained. Hopefully, they will come back. I would much prefer some colour in my life than boring black text all the time.

The Mortgage Adviser

http://www.themortgageadviser.com.au
    [email protected]
    Essential Links

Profile photo of NobleoneNobleone
    @nobleone

A spell checker would be great… I dislike having spelling mistakes in my posts and I dislike reading other peoples posts with spelling mistakes in them… Also get rid of that annoying green highlighting of certain key words in posts ie: event …

Cheers, Nobleone.

“Making mistakes is just another another tool for learning.”

Profile photo of camdercamder
    Participant
    @camder

Answers or replies in order of receipt,ie latest first, directly under original post would be beneficial.

Len

@robbie-b

More space in the PM inbox folder would be good. 20 is not enough.

The Mortgage Adviser

[email protected]
    Essential Links

Profile photo of SeeChangeSeeChange
    @seechange

Chat Room ?

See Change

Profile photo of Kit_KatKit_Kat
    @kit_kat

Hi

Heres my two cents worth….

1. Search function

This would be handy in order to find information on specific topics.

Here is a finance website which has quite a good forum search function.
    http://www.wilmott.com/search.cfm

2. Email notification when someone replies to your posted topic would be very handy.

KitKat

@robbie-b

Hi Kit,

There is an ok search function at the top of the page under the ‘Forum Boards’ link in the menu on the left.

To subscribe to topics, you need to press the little ENVELOPE at the bottom of each thread.

Although these features can be improved, and I believe the search function is being done according to the newsletter, I hope this info helps for now.

The Mortgage Adviser

[email protected]
    Essential Links

Profile photo of Colin GowanColin Gowan
    Participant
    @colin-gowan

How about a section for networking.
    Businesses today benefit each other by networking.
    Why can’t investors.
    Networking could be a great start to a joint venture partnership.
    Who knows a good reliable plumber?
    Or what if you don’t know what to do in the garden.
    Or can’t drive a nail or don’t want to break one.
    There is someone out there to help, it’s just finding that person.

Profile photo of ProgrammerProgrammer
    @programmer

Steve, still not enough sites are usability tested. I’ve just joined yours and although I think its quite good, it could use an online expert evaluation. Yep, I run a usability company, so I have a ‘vested’ interest. If you must, don’t use us but do it anyway, you’ll be surprised at the results. Oh, and do NOT use your marketer, builder to do it. They’ve done a great job, just let them do what they do best.

Cheers, and remember your tagline:
    “Remember that success comes from doing things differently”

Cheers,

Michael

I read the instructions, it’s still upside down…

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

I think a chat room would be great. It’s been asked for for so long- c’mon Steve- have a heart [hair2]

I don’t think any advertisements for tradies etc will be helpful- sorry Colin (1 post?) I am not sure we want this site looking like the yellow pages.

Steve, all I can think of is changing the background colour- perhaps some kind of blue or something? Khaki is ok, but it might be nice to have a change.

As far as navigation goes, this site has to be one of the most navigable (?) I have ever come across.

kay henry

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

Hi Steve,
    A Property Market / Economics forum category would be great. Some people have no interest in such matters, others could spend all day wallowing in statistics & predictions ([biggrin]). A photo gallery (where misuse would result in a ban) would also be great for showing off new purchases, projects & reonos and displaying charts.
    Apart from that I’m totally happy with what I feel is a simple but functional (and fast thank gid) forum.
    Cheers, F[cowboy2]

Profile photo of JULES1JULES1
    Participant
    @jules1

Searching & Editing
    I would like to see a search function for the sub sections. If you have one now I obviously don’t use it, but I would if it was within a forum, as I don’t want to lose my place in the sub forum while searching all forums. Goodness can you understand that?? Also please leave the edit function for new posts. I have had to use it a couple of times and its terrific.

Colours
    I like the colours you have used on the screens, don’t change them. If you must change them please use soft colours as you do now, because it makes reading much easier than a lot of other ‘brightly coloured’ websites that I use.

Group discussion/meetings
    I would also like to see areas which could be setup for groups to have for their own discussions and for example to post their next group meetings with date/time place topics etc, so that others of us are able to book in and attend the meetings.

Tradespeople/Bulk Discounts
    Love the idea of having an area for users to post information about good experiences they have had with particular trades people/companies for each city/area, so we can give references for others to use. Also information about good bulk discount places for the purchase of building items for those of us who want to renovate without the huge expense.

cheers
    Jules

JULES1
    Email Me

Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

Would really love to see full functionality written into the site for other browsers. I use Firefox but to read Steve’s comments on the front page I have to lower myself to Explorer.

Cheers

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Profile photo of Colin GowanColin Gowan
    Participant
    @colin-gowan

I don’t think any advertisements for tradies etc will be helpful- sorry Colin (1 post?) I am not sure we want this site looking like the yellow pages.

My appologies “kay henry ” if my request looked like the yellow pages.
    But considering that business people can use that method as well to find people or services when needed but investors don’t have anywhere near as many options for networking.
    My request still stands.

My business does cover Chippendale so “kay henry ” if you need my services please let me know.

On the other hand should anyone ask a question about cleaning or horticulture than perhaps we can network.

Seriously I would like to help my aging parents to retire with as little fuss as possible only guiding them through this process is a nightmare and advice from someone who has been down this track could be helpful.

“It is not what happens to you that determines how far you go in life; it is what you do with what happens to you.”
    “Ninety percent of the success of any product or service is its promotion and marketing.” — Mark Victor Hansen

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw
    Originally posted by The Mortgage Adviser:

Hi Kit,

To subscribe to topics, you need to press the little ENVELOPE at the bottom of each thread.

The Mortgage Adviser

[email protected]
    Essential Links

Gee After all these years here, I never realised you could subscribe to threads!

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

FILLS up our INBOX though Terry, so have your PI e-mail as a Yahoo (1GB) account..

The ability to add spreadsheets and maybe a photo/restoration/makeover area would be great..

I’m all for a $ucce$$ $tories area..maybe have a Moderator interview the Forum Member once they are a regular..maybe ala Personal Investor, API, BRW format..there are some interesting members out there who are great at what they do..

My 3c

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of CandyCandy
    Participant
    @candy

The listings in ‘Best threads of PI.com’ have been very useful. so it would be great to still have these on the new site.

With the proposed chat room, can other members go back at a later stage (perhaps hours/days/weeks after the initial discussion) and still read the discussions??

Profile photo of kiamakiama
    @kiama

Dear Steve,

As a ‘one women’finance broker here in Brisbane, i have the joy of loving my work & clients.

I would love to have the opportunity to increase my client base with ‘like minded’ people that i chat with in your rooms.

This opportunity i would love to explore with your new look site.

I have clients in Sydney, Melbourne, Townsville, Gold & Sunshine Coast so distance is not a deterrent.

Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration i have gleamed from being a part of your learning team.

Kiama

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.