All Topics / Overseas Deals / Who’s In NZ At Present?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of LeighLeigh
    @leigh

Hi guys,

Just a quick post to see who out there is actually in NZ at the moment? I’m over here for about another 7 weeks and it would be great to catch up with others if our paths cross.

Cheers, Leigh

“In NZ buying properties, email me if you would like one and I’ll put you on my mailing list!”

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

We live in NZ. You should have no problems finding properties at the moment. Alot of new stock coming onto the market with cash + potential.

Cheers

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Don and Liz! you live there! wow! awesome!
    What area??
    I’m moving back there soon myself for three months, to Queenstown

mini

Profile photo of AlbieAlbie
    Participant
    @albie

We live there too – in sunny Nelson.I have a place for sale if anyone is interested, look for the post. Still cashflow opportunity in it too. Housese are getting harder to buy with c/f, but then the conditions we buy under are different to yours – interest rates etc, therefore the point of balance in becoming cashflow is at a different place. Of course, none of us kiwi’s are stoked about the investor buying power coming in from over the tasman – makes that market that much more competitive!!!
    Nah! – we just have to work a little harder to sniff out the deals first!
    Cheers!
    Albie

Profile photo of LeighLeigh
    @leigh

Hey Albie I’ll probably be stopping into Nelson Saturday night on my down from Gisborne and Wairoa, if you’re around do you want to catch up for a coffee?

Profile photo of CorporateMonkeyCorporateMonkey
    Participant
    @corporatemonkey

I’m here, moved from Sydney to rotovagas (rotorua) taking over the world one house at a time… drop us a line if you’re around 021 50 45 69

Massive Respect
    CorporateMonkey (nathan)

@leigh

How’s that for coincidence, I’m just sitting in an internet cafe in Rotorua, I give Nathan a call and he’s in an internet cafe in Rotorua also! Not the same one, but it’s still pretty funny.

“In NZ buying properties, email me if you would like one and I’ll put you on my mailing list!”

Profile photo of CorporateMonkeyCorporateMonkey
    Participant
    @corporatemonkey

bizarre really, it’s a very small world…

anyone else in rotorua while we’re at it?

:o)

CorporateMonkey

Participant
    @don

we are down in Invercargill(feisty little city) The stags take on the British lions at Rugby Park soon. I don’t think it will be much of a contest (hope noone heard that). We will be “up the naki” or in the Taranaki Region of the north Island next week. Should be up that way for 6 to 8 weeks. If anyone is up there drop us a pm.

Cheers

Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

@leigh

Hey Don & Liz,

I’ll be heading through Taraniki area in the next few days so I’ll probably just miss you there and I’ll be heading through Invercargil in about 2-4 weeks so it looks like I’ll just miss you there too, can’t win!

I’ll drop you a PM when in Taraniki area anyhow, I might be hanging around up at Rotorua for a few days longer than first planned, either way though I’ve got the ferry booked next Thursday night down south.

Well hopefully paths will cross, if not next time I dare say they will.

Leigh

Participant
    @don

No worries Leigh. Have a good trip.

Good Luck

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of kiwipropertykiwiproperty
    @kiwiproperty

Hi Leigh
    Did you get the book yet?

Sigrid de Castella & Antony Anderson

http://www.kiwiproperty.biz
    New book “The Guide to New Zealand Property Investing – Australian Edition”
    Available at our web site along with other NZ Resources for Australian Investors

Profile photo of ayenayen
    Participant
    @ayen

Hi,

I’m in Christchurch for a couple of days doing due diligence on a couple of projects (one an IP and the other a work related investment).

Isn’t it cold here! -4 this morning when I got up!

Andrew

Participant
    @don

tipped to be -6 in southland overnight! The little burner will earn its keep tonight. If we did not have a trip planned it would be good inside weather!

Cheers

Email Me | Phone Me

@leigh

It’s not just the south that’s cold, although -6 is definitely a little colder than up here in Bay of Plenty. Today I noticed all this white along the side of the road in the shadows of the pine plantations, my first instinct was snow but I thought ‘nah couldn’t be’ so I dismissed that thought, after about 20kms though I had to know what it was so I pulled over for a look. The grass along the road was frozen into a white blanket from frost the night before, not that strange usually, but this was 3:30 in the afternoon! Not overly looking forward to 5 weeks in a campervan in Southland next month!

Don & Liz:
    Thanks for the well wishes, good luck when you’re up North having a look around.

Sigrid & Antony:
    Thanks guys I picked up the book in Auckland late last week, quite easy reading so I managed to finish read it cover to cover on Sunday afternoon whilst sitting on an island off Mount Maunganui! You’ve covered a lot in the book, filled in a few holes for me which will come in quite handy. Well done a good book. Remember the spell check on the next one though [cap]!

Profile photo of QueenstownerQueenstowner
    @queenstowner

Hi
    i’m in Queenstown(hence the handle)and the best part of the yr is about to begin here :).Just a word of warning to anybody traveling here and looking at the lovely frosted grass,watch the road! it’s likely to be covered in black ice especially on shaded spots.
    Hi MiniMogul, coming here for 3 months hey,hope your got accom sorted out as by july you’ll be luckly to get somebodies garden shed.You’ll love it though,we were only staying for a yr and that was 3 yrs ago.
    regards Queenstowner

Participant
    @minimogul

Queenstowner, we sure have – we settle on our ‘garden shed’ June 27! Already have new phone number and jetstream sorted!

We are planning to stay for three months however the words have already been uttered just yesterday ‘but if we like it, we’ll stay until the end of the year’!

Can’t wait to meet you for a Pizza at the Cow!?
    Oh lifestyle!

cheers-
    Mini

Profile photo of QueenstownerQueenstowner
    @queenstowner

hey minimogul
    You’ll love it,long as you can handle the cold and the high power bills( they love to hit ya when you need it most)
    you know, been here 3 yrs and still haven’t made it to the cow.Winnies has great pizza as well.
    Qter

Participant
    @minimogul

Cold – well I’m hald German and quarter russian and quarter scottish, so I don’t think it will be too much of a shock, albeit I’ve lived in sunny Sydney for nine years so now I’m one of those weather snobs that goes back home to wellington and says ‘brrrr’.

I think the key to queenstown is hi-tech clothing.
    I’m talking gore-tex and such!
    Stuff you can’t buy in Sydney and wouldn’t wear anyway. Real winter clothes!

The cow? I can’t believe you haven’t been there yet (and you call yourself a local!)

Well I’ll look forward to de-virginating you.
    So to speak.
    !

cheers-
    mini

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.