All Topics / Help Needed! / Australia or America??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of MabbottMabbott
    @mabbott

hello,

I am very new to investment properties and have only recently read steve’s two books.. my questions concerns country differences??

My fiancee is American and towards the end of this year we are heading there, i was wondering if anyone here has any knowledge of which of the two countries has better chances for locating positive cash flow properties???
    I understand that currently interest rates and inflation are reasonably equal but what else factors in???

any advise or comments is gratefully appreciated

If you do what everyone else does, you’ll get what everyone else has..

Profile photo of jcls79jcls79
    @jcls79

Mabbott

There are fellow forum contributors that has invested in USA. Contact Westan and Alvin, they have bird-dogs that can refer positive cashflow deals (mostly in state of NY) to you. However, it depends on your personal preference and also your financial situation. Do a search on USA investing and see what comes up.. Also, get your hands on Rich Dad Poor Dad, it will gives you a jump start

Cheers
    john

Want to join financial independence before 31 years old, currently 25

Profile photo of MabbottMabbott
    @mabbott

I’ve read rich dad poor dad, it was actually what started this journey very recently!!

do you know why NY state mainly??

thanks for the advice..

If you do what everyone else does, you’ll get what everyone else has..

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Hiya Mabbott,

If I was just starting off, I’d look at the bigger life picture and decide in which country my fiancee and I were going to live in for the rest of our lives ??

The answer to that would decide the smaller question of where and what to invest in initally. Knowing the details of the specific property market you wish to tackle and complex tax regimes absolutely inside out in one country (to be a successful investor) is hard enough when you are just starting out.

Having intimate and up to date knowledge – so you don’t get shafted – of the specific market and tax regimes for multiple countries is simply beyond most people – let alone newbies.

Cheers,

Dazzling

“No point having a cake if you can’t eat it.”

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Mabbott,

The people looking at upstate NY are doing so because of the very high rental yields that are available (20%+). There are quite a few pitfalls though. If you want to know more I suggest you havew a chat with Westan, you should be able to find his contact details if you do a search.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of LuciLuci
    @luci

There will be differences in tenancy and contract laws, tax rebates, and so on. Completely different system – I’d suggest buying some US real estate books that break it all down bit by bit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.