All Topics / General Property / Why a House Price Crash is GOOD for your Wealth!

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

dmichie, READ IT…. I am referring to the majority of people WHO ACTUALLY CARE!!!!

In response to your comment about those renting, the percentage of first home buyers and investors is also much less than what I offered.

Open your other eye and you will see why any sort of crash is not good for the ‘majority’. Only a few will benefit. Do you not read everyone’s posts who take the time to respond to your repetitive and ongoing posting of rubbish links and negative commentary? Be courteous and stop picking out only the its that support your incorrect assumption.

Put a time on the crash and I am happy to wait until then to see who can say “I told you so!”.

The Mortgage Adviser

http://www.themortgageadviser.com.au
    [email protected]
    Essential Links

Profile photo of bruhambruham
    Participant
    @bruham

G’day dmichie,
    The trouble with having a property down turn,is that all other segments of industry follow.
    The building game supports more side industries than all other industries put together.
    Suppliers of all types of building accessories. Baths,taps,nails,paint,timber,bricks etc
    Tradesmen out on their ears would be plumbers,carpenters,painters,electricians,roof tilers,truckies etc.
    In your “down turn” people would be retrenched.

Who knows,even your job could go.No job no property investments.
    So you’re no better off.

You could even get your wish, the world’s economies are all showing signs of slowing.
    China is producing more goods than the industrial
    world needs.
    China is building six million cars a year.But they only sell three million cars. Three million surplus.Now what!!!
    Not a pleasent thought!
    Being a government worker makes me safer than most.

I beleive the down turn has accually started.
    Yesterday I had two phone calls.
    1) The bank, asking if I’m happy with my loans and could they assist me in any manner.Do I need to borrow again?
    2) A mortgage broker cold phoned me, wanting to do business with me.I’ve never heared of him or his company(Australian Finance Group).
    Business not doing well?

bruham.

Profile photo of dmichiedmichie
    @dmichie
    The Mortgage Adviser wrote:
    dmichie, READ IT…. I am referring to the majority of people WHO ACTUALLY CARE!!!!

Robert, there’s no need to shout, I simply misunderstood what you meant by “majority” that’s all. I now understand what you meant.

bruham wrote:
    The trouble with having a property down turn,is that all other segments of industry follow.
    The building game supports more side industries than all other industries put together.
    Suppliers of all types of building accessories. Baths,taps,nails,paint,timber,bricks etc
    Tradesmen out on their ears would be plumbers,carpenters,painters,electricians,roof tilers,truckies etc.
    In your “down turn” people would be retrenched.

Yes I already made the point that so much of the Australian economy now revolves around real estate that a house price crash would probably result in a general economic down turn. Can I respectfully suggest that the real problem is the Australian economy should be more diversified and not be so reliant on property.

BTW, interesting anecdote about the phone calles from bank and mortgage broker. Thanks.

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

dmichie, I don’t go for the net geek ‘shouting’ rubbish. Using caps is merely an attempt to emphasise a point you kept missing (or chose to ignore). Get over it!

The Mortgage Adviser

http://www.themortgageadviser.com.au
    [email protected]
    Essential Links

Profile photo of ssabssab
    @ssab

Good article dmichie.

Luci wrote
    The average person in the UK (and many other countries) does not expect to ‘own’ their own home

No offense but this is absolute rubbish, just where did you get this from? True, there a lot of leasehold land, but also a heck of a lot freehold land. Though a lot of the population has taken up the speculative mentatility to buy up the entire southern coast of spain, which has priced out the spanish locals, but thats a discussion for another thread.

Luci wrote:
    Because overseas the rental market is far better developed. It is not unusual to longterm lease a house

True, for the larger economies of Europe I.e Germany, where they have STRICT rent controls. The owners have been landlords for generations and its an established business based on reasonable yield, not a speculation driven activity based on potential CG.

Guys and gals wake up, its a global problem driven by cheap credit availibility and when it returns to norm its going to hurt.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Dimichie for the record,

I don’t care because i focus my life and future to seeking out positive ways to make money. If you spent as much time looking for opportunities v’s seeking out confirmation of why not to do it you would post in a different manner.

And Rob you are wrong its not 70% its 71% he he …

resiwealth .. a positive go ahead company!!!

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b
Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.