All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Redraw Woes???

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of TeacherK6TeacherK6
    @teacherk6

Hello,

I have $x ammount available for redraw from an IP loan, if i take out a certain ammount and place it into a term deposit or managed fund, ie another income producing investment is the difference in interest repayments of the loan fully tax deductable??? (NSW)

Thankyou!!

Jason

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I imagine it should be. You would be borrowing to invest with the intention of making money.

Check with your accountant before doing it.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Carlyle81Carlyle81
    Participant
    @carlyle81

Hi Jason,

As Terry said check with your own accountant first but it generally would be. However I couldn’t see you getting a better return out of a term deposit than the interest rate on the loan, therefore costing you money in the long term. Make sure the return you expect on the investment is at least 1% better (if not more) than the interest rate on your loan otherwise it may not be worth it.

Carlyle

Profile photo of TeacherK6TeacherK6
    @teacherk6

Thanx :)

Yeah the extra few % return makes it worth while. ill get onto the accountant anyway :)

Jason :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.