All Topics / Help Needed! / Share houses / Boarding Houses

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of TeacherK6TeacherK6
    @teacherk6

Greetings all :)

How do I get info or where can I find out what regulations must be followed to change a house or small block of units into share accomodation or a boarding house???

Is there a link or 2 people can direct me to, has anyone done this in the past in NSW???

Also, on land tax forms and other documents I have seen a discount on land tax or other taxes of 75%?? whats this about???

Thanx in Advance :) :)

Jason :)

Profile photo of lindybeelindybee
    Participant
    @lindybee

Hi Jason!

I run a holiday accommodation business in brisbane, and I found all the information of the legal type from my local council. Extremely helpful, although it may be a good idea to call more than once to make sure you get the same reply each time! [biggrin]
    You will find there’ll be bylaws on the number of people it can accommodate, the facilities necessary, etc etc. I found that I was able to have capacity for 6 guests without it coming under the new (for Qld) laws relating to boarding houses (fire alarms etc). Yours will most likely be different.

Also look at your Department of State Development website, I found ours to have oodles of useful information.
    Good luck! Its a fun thing to do.

Lindy

Homely Houses
    http://www.homelyhouses.com.au
    deluxe accommodation for inner city visitors

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.