All Topics / Creative Investing / Loan to Value or loan to Purchase price?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of apostleapostle
    Participant
    @apostle

The industry calls it Loan to VALAUTION Ratio.. so why then do the banks or lemders ignore this and go for the (LPR) purchase price??
    If I can buy a property that stands a sworn valuation of $300k and I can buy it for $250k, the banks should be very happy.. Yes? …apparently not! They want to lend you say 90% of the purchase price, regardless of value!

All lenders out there who want to lend on LVR.. please contact me! I have a lot of business for you..

Let’s change the name to LPR…

Apostle

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Banks are conservative.

One way around this would be to pay cash, settle on the property and then immediately refinance.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Although Terry there a couple of lenders i can think of that actually lend against valuation from day 1.

I have just settled a deal which was an off the plan purchase and the property has gone up considerably in value (Yes i now its unusual) where the lender took the valuation figure and not the purchasr price.

Admittedly the rate of interest was a little higher but it got my client out of the hole he was in.

Cheers Richard
    richard at castlewhite.com.au
    Email me for details of our Qld wrap CD which gives you a full Installment Contract.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of pfsfinancepfsfinance
    @pfsfinance

There are a couple of lenders around that will go on Valuation price not purchase price, but rates can be higher.

With off the plan purchases where the contracts are over 12 months old, some lenders will go on the valuation not the purchase price.

State Manager
    0425 358 293

Wholesale Mortgage Lender that deals only with brokers.

20 years in Finance Industry

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Kerri

See great Queensland minds think alike.

Cheers Richard
    richard at castlewhite.com.au
    Email me for details of our Qld wrap CD which gives you a full Installment Contract.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Many will also go on greater than 6 months between contract date and settlement date at the standard rates. Don’t forget advantageous purchases where this is also common.

The Mortgage Adviser

http://www.themortgageadviser.com.au
    [email protected]

Profile photo of surreyhughes19905surreyhughes19905
    @surreyhughes19905

The real issue of course being that if you can buy the property at $250k when it is valued at $300k means the valuation is wrong and it is actually $250k. After all if you paid that much the bank has to assume that if they sell it they can only get that much as well.

The market sets the true value, not the banks or valuers.

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

so if I am an idiot and pay $350k does that set the true value as well?

http://www.megainvestments.com.au

John Carroll

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.