All Topics / Help Needed! / Recommend efficient reliable builders SE Melb

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of mccozmccoz
    Participant
    @mccoz

Hi everyone,

I am currently in negotiations to purchase a 3 bedroomed and 2 study house, with the intent to turn into a 8 bedroomed student house near Monash Uni.

Can any one recommend a reliable / efficient builder(s) to contact about erecting walls / doors to complete the project?

In addition, any tips for a novice when embarking on this project?

I am aiming for a long settlement period to get me though to Jan next year, ready for the new student intake.
    Thanks

meecheec[biggrin]

Profile photo of hmackayhmackay
    Participant
    @hmackay

Hi

Sounds interesting.

There may be restrictions on max no.of occupants, I guess it could be checked out at local council.

Tradie as u know are flat out,,,how about a handyperson to do walls etc.

As students at uni only attend for maybe 6 months a year how do u expect to fill the rooms during semister breaks or would students commit thenselves for 12 months.how doesit work?

hrm

Profile photo of mccozmccoz
    Participant
    @mccoz

Thanks for the reply hmackay,

Based on my research, I believe it’s reasonable to request 9 to 10 month contracts for students to take them from end of January to end of November. Hence they will not be subject to summer holidays, unless they want to stay for another year.

Does this sound reasonable to people?

meecheec

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.