All Topics / General Property / Sydney Leads the Nation…Downwards

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Profile photo of dmichiedmichie
    @dmichie
    1Winner wrote:
    I have yet to hear a more pitifull statement then “I feel guilty about the money I made”. It not only defies all logic but it screems of anti-values and limiting beliefs so loud that it is deafening.

Clearly I have a very different value system to your own, so lets leave it at that shall we.

Mr Car(stro) from New South Cuba may be interested in your ideas dm.

Why? My comments on tax (in response to Robert’s question) were restricted to federal taxes. Why would the premier of NSW be interested?

HotRod wrote:
    Reading what the last couple of posts have been it appears that what this site and its subscribers are trying to do are work less and earn more through RE and then to enjoy life.

Seems that there is another view here that you have to work hard to then enjoy the fruits of your labours.

You misunderstand. Everyone is entitled to save for their retirement and enjoy life. My point is that our tax system is skewed so it rewards speculation and discourages hard work. You can’t run an economy like this forever, you end up with … well, what we have now, a real estate bubble, huge indebtedness and a massive trade deficit.

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

Sorry, don’t wish to buy into the current discussion – can I back up a bit?

Originally posted by nkibel:

If you buy an investment property in main city in Australia and you are looking at a 5-10 year hold you wont lose.

Do you have any support for this claim? Plenty of people in the past have lost money in real estate over 5 years. Plenty have lost over 10 years. There has never been a time in Australian history when house prices have been so high in relation to rents, to wages or to long term trends. How on earth can you make such a confident prediction?

If we are suggesting that the next boon is say 5 years away, then if you can buy and hold 3 properties you will then double your money.

If house prices return to their historical means over the next 5 years, then go on to double over the following ten years (with the fundamental support of increased incomes, rents & inflation), do you really believe buying now will have been the most sensible option?

Anyhow, F.[cowboy2]

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.