All Topics / Help Needed! / Owner Details

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of asdfasdf
    Participant
    @asdf

Does anyone know a relatively cheap and quick way of getting the details of the owner whom I’m interested to buy a unit off? Property currently vacant so I can’t really knock on the door and don’t think the leasing agent would tell me if I asked. By the way, I’m in NSW. Would a titles search at the land office give me that info? Then I suppose I either have to write to them or look the name up in the white pages? If anyone has a better solution, keen to hear your thoughts. Thank you kindly.

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

A 1km RP Data search around the property will provide this information or you can just check the single address through the Council or if you know a real estate agent with access to RP Data in the area you seek.

I also find asking a neighbour works well especially if they have an adjoining fence or wall as both have to pay for maintenance or repair or maybe even insurance if a duplex.

The Mortgage Adviser

http://www.themortgageadviser.com.au

[email protected]

Essential Links Website

Profile photo of asdfasdf
    Participant
    @asdf

Thanks Mortgage Adviser. You must be a night owl just like me!

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

I am like Codral – Night and Day. I am a bit of an insomniac. I only sleep 4-5 hours in every 24-36 hours.

The Mortgage Adviser

http://www.themortgageadviser.com.au

[email protected]

Essential Links Website

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

I wish I could. I need at least 8 hours a day!,..(and about 10 at night!). I went to the 7/11 last night at 6pm and they were shutting up! I asked them ‘Hey, I thought you’re open 24 hours?’ ‘We are’, replied the guy ‘but not in a row!’
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of andrew8andrew8
    Participant
    @andrew8

Assuming it is in NSW, the Land Titles Office has a record of all owners.

You can visit them in Sydney CBD (perhaps also other offices around the state) or go via one of their online brokers to get the registered owner.

Andrew

Profile photo of ohblessed1ohblessed1
    @ohblessed1

tax records at your county recorders ofc ask for parcel and tax info for current or last owner

carlita

Profile photo of asdfasdf
    Participant
    @asdf

Thanks for all the info guys. Ohblessed, can I ask what “county recorders” are? I’ve looked at the land titles office but looks like I need to pay $8 everytime and then I suppose I need to try to locate the owner through the white pages. Will give it a try. Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.