All Topics / General Property / NAVRA Course

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I have been mentioning Steve Navra a bit lately. I did his course about 4 years ago, and I guess his strategies have probably changed over the years. I wish I had followed his advice, but….

Would there be anyone out there who has gone to a more recent course who could give us a run down or an overview of Steve’s strategy?

Thanks

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of babu88babu88
    Participant
    @babu88

I went to a free talk by Steve, organised by people in the Sydney Group in the somersoft forum at the beginning of this year (I think) and then attended his course (cost around $170) this month. The contents of the both are the same, but with the course I got copies of the slides and a free financial check / assessment (after the course) with Steve and one of his staff. So, if you don’t want to pay and there is another free course somewhere then I would recommend you to it. If you go to the somersoft forum and do a search on Steve Navra you will find some useful debates on his strategy there – his managed fund, cash bond, rental reality etc.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Might I add that the pay course was a lot more comprehensive – he speaks for four times as long!

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi Terry, do you now use Steve’s strategy, or will you be in the future?

IT would be great to hear from people who are actually using Steve’s strategy for some time.

Regards, M

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Michael has also written a recent summary here:
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/17535/4.html?sortfield=&sortorder=

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of ilearnerilearner
    @ilearner

Totally agree with Marisa – all these people are boasting these good seminars. I am not sure how many of them are using these “strategies”… talking is free…doing is a risk…

Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Steve is not selling a property seminar. He is not the usual spruiker [biggrin]

Steve runs his own Managed Fund. It has been doing well and there are two points in his favour.

1. He is one of the largest investors in his fund.

2. He doesn’t get paid management fees unless his fund outperforms the All Ords Index.

Despite being a fund manager he recommends property as the main road to wealth because of the ability to gear it much higher. He doesn’t sell any more info than that.

Steves seminar is $175 inc snacks and Lunch. It just covers his costs and he keeps the numbers low. There were 35 at the one I attended. This fee also includes an additional 90 minute one on one consult with him at a later date.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw
    Originally posted by Marisa:

Hi Terry, do you now use Steve’s strategy, or will you be in the future?

IT would be great to hear from people who are actually using Steve’s strategy for some time.

Regards, M

I haven’t used this strategy exclusively, but have used ‘bits’. I wish I had focused more on Navra’s ideas as I would be better off now.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Email Me

Profile photo of SeeChangeSeeChange
    @seechange

I don’t use Steve’s Strategy , however I have several friends ( from Somersoft ) who have used elements of his strategy with good effect.

I personally disagree with his ” Overall Strategy ” ( mainly living off equity ) but again I can see that I might use elements of his approach further down the line.

Up to now I haven’t had any problems with servicability ( which is addressed with Cash Bonds ) , and I have taken a different approach to the type of properties I buy compared to those that Steve advises. Steve advises buying “good properties” which fit within his “rental reality ” formular which is in esence a way of determining ( in share market analysis terms ) value buys. Personally I prefer a trend following approach , ie waiting until I see an area that is taking , or about to take off and then buying at that stage.

His course is well worth doing and isn’t a teaser for a more expensive course.

See Change

Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

SC,

The recent course I did made no mention of living off equity. He discussed keeping equity and living off portfolio income.

I would recommend the course too.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Profile photo of SeeChangeSeeChange
    @seechange
    Originally posted by Mortgage Hunter:

SC,

The recent course I did made no mention of living off equity. He discussed keeping equity and living off portfolio income.

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Simon , was this his regular one day course ?. If so it sounds as though it is a change in direction. Certainly Living off equity is the controversal element of his strategy which seems to raise the emotional level on forums[biggrin]

See Change

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.