All Topics / Help Needed! / am i being ripped

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of rye23rye23
    @rye23

we haved moved and now are renting in another city
    our value of our home is 400k, our insurance costs are 20 dollars a month for landlord,
    89 dollars for building and contents (westpac dont have contents under 50k)is this competitive or am i being ripped

cheers

Profile photo of aussiexjaussiexj
    Participant
    @aussiexj

I pay $500 a year for LL Insurance. Worth every cent to a beginner. rent insurance and contents.

AXJ

Profile photo of BattleshipsBattleships
    Participant
    @battleships

Hi Rye23

I have had to claim on Landlord Insurance and I have to agree with Aussiexj, it is well worth it even for the experienced. As a rule of thumb I would expect the cost to be about 1 week’s rent.

Contents insurance is hard to tell because there are a lot of variables-for the property itself and the area. Easy enough to get a few quotes and see.

Cheers

Profile photo of Clay AClay A
    Participant
    @clay-a

I have always found westpac pretty expensive. You can definitly save money by moving the house and contents to someone else.

Clay

Profile photo of LuciLuci
    @luci

Costs will vary on your postcode (chance of crime, fire, etc). Why don’t you ring round a couple of insurers, and they should be able to give you a quote on the phone.

You may also be entitled to a discount if you go through a company that you already use for car insurance etc.

Profile photo of buzzwellsbuzzwells
    Participant
    @buzzwells

Try an internet search on websites that do insurance comparisons. There are sites that compare thousands of policies from health, to car, to home…

Learn, Love, Strive. Make a difference!

Profile photo of rye23rye23
    @rye23

cheers thanks the tips

Profile photo of camdercamder
    Participant
    @camder

Hi Rye23,
    We have LL insurance thru CGU via ANZ bank and receive the first 15 months cover for 12 months premium. ie: 3 months free cover after the 12 month period.

Cheers Len

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.