All Topics / Help Needed! / contacting the owner

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of aminalaminal
    Participant
    @aminal

A quick question if I may. I have seen a property which is not currently on the market but would like to approach the current owners to see if they are interested in selling (worst house in best street scenario). Initially i tried it the old fashioned way and knocked on the door. Turns out the place is being rented out (privately). I did ask the tenants for the owners details, which they happily supplied……incorrectly!

Does anyone know of any better ways to trace the owners of a property. Incedentally I have already tried the local council to no avail.

Thanks

Profile photo of LuciLuci
    @luci

If you pop down to the relevant council and ask, they should be able to give you the rate payer’s name and postal address. They may charge you a small fee for this service.

This information will only be as accurate as the ratepayer has kept council – the same address that the council sends the bill to.

Profile photo of hiflohiflo
    @hiflo

You can find the registered owner if you know the address and/or Lot and DP number at land title offices in each state. They may charge minor fees for the services.

Profile photo of HallwayHallway
    @hallway

I have a few real estate agents that have RP Data and I get them to contact the owners for me.

Profile photo of lawboylawboy
    @lawboy

I did that once Hallway and the agent went and bought the property himself !!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Where do the tenants pay their rent? Follow that link.

Dobn’t let a Real Estate Agent get a sniff that you are after buying it tho – they will ask for a listing before you get to speak to the owner!

Think of another reason?

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of annemlanneml
    Participant
    @anneml

Hi aminal,

You can also do title (owner) searches on http://www.confirm.com.au for a fee. Requirements vary for different states.

Good luck,

Anne.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.