All Topics / Creative Investing / The end of wrapping in Qld?????

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

With 184 properties under our belt as a Company I could share many many a similar story with you.

I have literally dozens of letters from clients thanking us for our help over the last 11 years and telling us that they would have never got onto the property ladder without us.

2 reposessions in 11 years isn’t bad.

Its about communication with your wrappee and being fair in the is world. I would never buy a property and wrap it if the wrappee was not aware of exactly what we had paid for the property.

In fact as i have stated before only wrap proeprties where the wrappee finds the home and brings the deal to us.

I guess it helps having a large network of professional introducers referring deals to us whi in turn have good relationships with their clients.

Wrapping certainly isn’t dead in Qld.

Cheers Richard

Ph: (07) 3720 1888
    [email protected]
    http://www.yourstatefinance.com

IP funding and US property finance
    our speciality

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of FFCommFFComm
    @ffcomm

I often hear how ‘bad’ wrappers are, but to tell you the truth in my opinion there not that bad at all. I’ll tell you why:

1. If people went to a non standard loan program they would be charged a much higher int. rate.

(I know of one case where a guy was paying 11% from GE and refinanced with a wrapper who’s charging him 8.95%!).

2. That is assuming they could qualify for a conventional loan. But most people couldn’t. And not because they shouldn’t get one, but because the banking system here is so conservative.

(For example if you receive a pension from the Gov. alot of banks demand a higher deposit. Now in my humble opinion getting money from the Gov. is more secure than a biz, and unless the banks know something we don’t (i.e. the Gov. is insolvent and bankrupt) you would assume they would consider normal income, but they don’t! Hence pay a higher deposit).

3. Wraps allow people who can’t get the required deposit to buy a property. Banks still require 2yrs. worth of tax returns if you want to get more than an 80% lend. For young people it can be a big struggle to save the required deposit. Wraps alleviate that problem.

(For example I know someone who whos biz was going gang busters and in 13 months accumulated 10% deposit, but could he get finance? No. He has 30 clients in Syd, and he wants to live near his office but can he? No. But with a wrapper he could).

4. Over the last few years most people who have wrapped have been much better off than if they had not of bought. Now I’m not going to say that is simply because of wrappers, but with property increasing in value these people have a real chance to create some equity and be further ahead than they ever dreamed of.

(I have been told by a couple who bought through a wrap, did the property up (a huge amount of sweat equity) and refinanced it in less than 5 months with one of the big 4 banks – the lady told me that her wrappes were the fastest cash outs in Aust!).

5. Most have a default rate of less than 10% (that includes everything – i.e. some people simply diappear (the same lady wrapper told me that she had some tennants who bolted and left her with a house with $50k worth of equity! And they had paid her in advanced. She spent 4 months searching for them but to no avail…).

I have the real default rate (of people who couldn’t afford to pay) is around 2% to 5% of the total properties. To me (and to many international banks) that is a very low default rate (I read Japan has a non-performing loan rate of between 15%-30%).

6. And finally it gives people a chance to own their own home rather than being in the rental cycle for the whole lives. High home ownership rates leads to less crime, higher school retention rates and gives family somewhere permanent to live, which usually leads to better social outcomes.

So wraps in my book are pretty good things. In my opinion legislation could be bought to bear and shut down the real rouges of the industry, while making it better and easier for the huge majority of wrappers that are actually making a positive differance to peoples lives.

Regards,
    FFComm

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.