All Topics / General Property / The importance of research

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

It always find it suprising that when it comes to property investment many people do little research before they purchase an investment. M any people have a bad experience mainly because they buy from a marketing company that has $25,000 commissions loaded into the prices, they listen to a real estate agent who after all works for the vendor or they just get carried away by emotion. Because of this many people do not invest again. I purcahsed properties for clients throughout Australia and New Zealand. People that use my service either do not have the time to do ther research or are not confident. Thats fine, it does take time. However if this is something you wish to do for yourself I will share what I would do. Firstly you need a plan, work out what you are trying to achieve with your life and then where does investing fit in. What are you goals. If you are younger you should look for capital growth, certainly positive cashflow is difficult, unless you renovate ect. Other things like lease to purchase can also be good. You then select where you wish to purchase , Australia, New Zealand elsewhere, then research the market. Now narrow to a few suburbs that through your research show the most promise. In some cases you may need to travel there just to see for your self. I certainly have done this on many occasions in Australia nad New Zealand. Once you have narrowed your areas you need to spend a week or so there so that you can get to know the area like the back of your hand. Once you have done this you will then be in a position to find your ideal investment. Al you have to do is negoictate the sale. That is another topic in its self.
    Before you do any of these things you should get pre approval on finance. Clearly you need to know what you can afford to buy. Seek advise on how you buy the property, in other words what structure. In your own name, a company trust ect. If you are interested in New Zealand the structure is very important. Although the internet is a great resource, I do a great deal of research on it.I would never purchase a property without seeing it first. The cost of travelling is tinny compared to the purchase, why take the risk

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Australian and New Zealand Buyers advocate
    service and seminars

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.