All Topics / Overseas Deals / Investing in New Zealand

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

It is my experience that most people are afraid of the unknown and in the property investment industry, afraid of who to trust. The thing that appeals about New Zealand is that you can purchase property that will provide high cashflow and capital growth. I still believe in investing in Australia for long term growth, but by investing in New Zealand you can achieve a separate income stream. Most people make bad choices because they do not do the research. I spend most of my time researching the market. In every city there are areas that need to be avoided. In Christchurch for example there is North Brighton. When you arrive here you see lovely beaches white sand and very ordinary houses. Many agents told me about Australian investors buying there. But when I researched it further I found that there is a thing called the Easterly, a freezing cold wind that hits Christchurch and guess what the first place it hits is North Brighton. By the afternoon of most days including summer the water is to cold to swim in. This is just a small example there are many others. I purchase property for clients in New Zealand. If you want to do it yourself then you need to decide which city you wish to invest in, research the suburbs and stratagy and you will then need to spend at least a week there to feel and study the area. When you know it like the back of your hand that is when you will know what to buy.Seek advise on what type of structure you will need. Its not hard, I think its fun. It all depends on how much time you have and your level of confidence.

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Australian and New Zealand Buyers advocate
    service and seminars

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of TrishClarkTrishClark
    @trishclark

Hello Nigel

After reading your comments on the suburb of North Brighton in Christchurch I feel I have to add some comments on this topic as I feel you really have been very one eyed on this. North Brighton is not the only suburb that gets hit with the eastley wind but New Brighton, South Brighton, North Shore, South Shore, Sumner and most of the seaside hill suburbs of Mount Pleasant, Balmoral, Redcliffs, and Scarbourgh.
    The reason this suburb is a very good long term investment is the fact it has been under valued for years and there is a high demand for rental properties in this area. Just because you found it cold does not mean the locals find it that way and you will find Brighton beach to be a good surfing spot and you will find it very popular in the summer time.
    I personally own 2 properties in this suburb and was lucky enough to buy when the market was just starting to move. My property manager told me to expect around 200pw for a 2 bedroom cottage which I had just completed a reno on. When she put it to the market she had in access of 35 people wanting it and signed it up the same day for 230pw to a great couple who look after it like it was there own.
    So your personal thoughts on this suburb may not be great but the locals think it is and there are some fantastic projects planned for this area which will make it even better for long term growth.
    I have a large portfolio of properties myself in Christchurch and have recently been buying property for other people in the Christchurch area so believe your negative comments on this particular suburb are a little uninformed to say the least. I just wished I had brought more when you could still pick up houses for 130 to 150k 3 years ago.

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

I did not mean to pick on just North Brighton, it was just an example. The suburb has gone up in Price as have some of the surrounding suburbs. I believe that there are areas that may be better to invest in today. The point of my comments are that you need to research a market before you buy. You may have a different view to me thats fine. I find that most people do little or no reseach at all

Nigel Kibel

service and seminars

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of burstockburstock
    Participant
    @burstock

Hi TrishClark

New to this so forgive me. My partner and i are torn between Melb in CHC at the moment, each of us having family in both cities. We are also very interested in positive geared property and you r experience and or service of finding properties is of great interest. I will be in CHC (sorry for the abrevagtion)the first week of June to have a look at potential areas/ propoerties etc. Any advice or experience you would be willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of TrishClarkTrishClark
    @trishclark

Hello and welcome
    I have been helping Aussies with their investing in New Zealand and am more than happy to share my opinion with you about the Christchurch market and what areas to not buy and the hot spots that are still under valued.
    Send me a Private message and I will answer any questions you may have.
    Happy investing

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

I also buy properties in Christchurch for clients and in other parts of New Zealand and Australia. I have a business that looks at the process from the finance to experts who deal in the best structure for Australians wishing to invest in New Zealand. What may have been a good investment a few years ago may not be now. I have my suburbs that also work for long term growth and other for cashflow. The point I was making that Trish seems to ignore is that if you are going to buy on your own then you need to do your own research. Trish may already know that market and therefore like me know what to buy. I was told by agents of Australians who had paid a lot of money for property close to the water

Nigel Kibel

service and seminars

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.