All Topics / Help Needed! / REQ Help on buying privately.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of clubsprintclubsprint
    Participant
    @clubsprint

G’day all
    Looking for some guidance/help on making an offer to a vendor and avoiding the agents.
    I’m looking at a house and made an offer through an agent last friday which was accepted. On Monday the agent rings me and tells me that my offer has now been rejected and the vendor has taken another offer through another agent. Very unethical etc but nothing was signed (I’m in Vic and vendor is in perth. Prop is in Vic).
    My wife made another offer which was then accepted (so they canned the offer from Monday) but we withdrew this as it was about emotion etc.
    My thought is now that I want to make an offer to the Vendor and avoid the agents so appeal to his obvious greed in that he wont have to pay agents fees if they don’t sell it. What I’d like to know is what I do about contracts, holding deposit, etc.
    As it would be a private sale how do I find out what all the paper work that is required is?
    It’s a nasty business this.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

If he has a contract with the agent, often they have clauses included which will entitle the agent to the commission regardless of who sells – especially if the agent was the one that introduced you in the first place.

It still may be worth negotiating directly and bypassing the agent.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of quy17187quy17187
    @quy17187

I agree with Terry. A realestate agent friend of mine, said a case similar to this went to court, and the agent recieved his full commission.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.