All Topics / General Property / Kitchen Wanted – Melbourne; any ideas?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of BonbeachBonbeach
    Participant
    @bonbeach

Hello

I am after a full kitchen for my latest IP, if anyone is pulling one out, giving one away, selling one cheap or knows someone that may have one they dont need due to a renovation please let me know, there may be a spotters fee too hehe [gossip]

If not does anyone know where to find one???

I have looked through the papers and trading post, Im on to the demolition companies next…[grad]

Cheers….

Dev[kid]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Find a small factory that makes them for builders.

I was quoted $4500 by builders for a new one fitted and paid $2000 plus paid a builder $500 to install for me.

Auctions are also worth looking at. Be careful of buying premade ones or second hand unless you have a very standard kitchen – they can often need a lot of work to make fit properly.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of BonbeachBonbeach
    Participant
    @bonbeach

Thanks Simon

Never thought of the Auctions!

I forgot to mention: The house will be demolished in 2 years so I guess just a basic, functional kitchen will do. It doesnt have to look like the Ikea catalogue [hat]

Cheers

Dev [kid]

Profile photo of lonnielonnie
    @lonnie

Try the trading post. I have found it very useful over the years. trading post has a web page, need to get in quick for the decent kitchen. Kitchens today are really just white boxes screwed together and a bench top placed on top so don’t get to cocerned about the shape of the kitchen as the boxes can be separated and a new bench top made to order. My husband and I do it all the time and have put in a new /second hand kitchen for $600.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.