All Topics / General Property / Doom and gloom

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

So you are David looking for a 4 bedroom home on the NORTHERN BEACHES then?

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

Investor Links

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

“A bust would also mean a fall in the AUD and (hopefully) rescue our exporters befores its too late/”

It’s a tragedy when a supplier’s products are so unattractive to buyers that the only reason someone would purchase them were if they were cheap. I belive a storng currency and a good product are a better outcome.

http://www.megainvestments.com.au

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of dmichiedmichie
    @dmichie
    It’s a tragedy when a supplier’s products are so unattractive to buyers that the only reason someone would purchase them were if they were cheap. I belive a storng currency and a good product are a better outcome.

Tell that to a farmer then run!

Look mate, a strong currency might be great for the consumer, the Harvey Norman’s of this world, and the property market, but its an absolute friggin’ tragedy for the real heroes of the Australian economy, our exporters.

In short, a strong dollar makes imports cheap, kills the competitiveness of our exporters, and makes Australia lazy. Eventually the markets will punish us.

The CAD this quarter is tipped to hit 7.35%-7.55% of GDP. That is far worse than when Keating famously described Australia as a “Banana Republic”. Yes, we should all be very worried.
    http://www.henrythornton.com/article.asp?article_id=3275

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Come on mate!!! Things are very different now. It is a global economy. I strongly believe Australia’s debt levels are easily sustainable.

What do you think would happen if the dollar did drop to levels you were content with? Don’t you agree the CAD would blow out?

I guess it does not matter as long as the exporters are content!

The economy involves much more than one sector and economic decisions should not be based on any one of those including exporters or property prices.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

@dmichie
    Come on mate!!! Things are very different now. It is a global economy. I strongly believe Australia’s debt levels are easily sustainable.

That’s just babble. You haven’t provided any reason or evidence that our debt levels are sustainable, apart from your “strong belief” and “its a global economy”. In fact, as global interest rates rise, our external debt becomes less sustainable.

What do you think would happen if the dollar did drop to levels you were content with?

70c is the average since it floated. I reckon 65c is about right.

Don’t you agree the CAD would blow out?

A lower dollar means fewer imports and more exports. Look at chart of the CAD over the past decade. It was less than $3B in 2001 when the AUD was low. Since the dollar began rising,
    its blown out to >$16B.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

I believe that this is the best market to buy property in.

If you r under 25 years old my advise to u would be, get ready, start small, and remember the lower end of the market is where most millioneres begun to make their fortune.

Don’t become a chicken little!!! … there is always some one some where making a profit in property … the secret is knowing where to look.

resiwealth

@robbie-b

There is no “secret”. It is all about education and research and finding the right answers. Paying someone a large sum of money for the “secret” is just a waste of money. You will be better served paying someone to be ‘educated’.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

@wealth4life.com

I agree Robert that people should not over pay forn expensive seminars, especially when the presenters have no real hands on experience and expertise.

I do believe that the secret is to know where to look. When one market stops another one begins, if i kept doing the same thing with out realising a changing market i would be stupid.

Property like the stock market can be volitile, same as your business in finance going from investment loans to refinancing.

Does your web site work Robert??

@robbie-b

Yes it does but I am in the process of winding it down.

Why do you ask?

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Profile photo of marsdenmarsden
    @marsden

Dear Resiwealth,

Please give us an indication of where and what you would recommend as an investment. My feeling is that in the property market things are down and will continue to drop for a while yet.

We were in France recently trying to find a property there but the agent kept telling us that the place to buy in is Estonia. It is hard enough to find a place in France let alone Estonia. Most of us are limited to where we can invest and if you can guide us to good buys in a ‘local’ sense then please do.

@wealth4life.com

Hi Marsden, currently i am doing well developing and building in Ipswich, QLD. Current demand is 3417 houses per year so 4 me now is the time there. But no longer than 12 months.

I am also building duplexes in Bunderberg and Toowoomba where the market is about to happen there also i believe.

The next areas i will keep to myself at this steage as my research department has identified 3 new places about to go. My strategy is to enter a market on the way up, sell 90% before the top then move on to the next area.

The secret IMHO is to locate a market before it happens and not after it happens. I like new properties in the low price range as cash flow, and they must be in growth areas. We do a great deal of due-dillegence and i have 3 full time people doing this in my office for me.

Robert, just interested thats all mate … Phil

@robbie-b

I have done no work with the forum and the chat room though. I think this would have been a greater benefit if I concentrated my efforts there but it is too late now.

The most popular page is the links page at http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au/index_files/hot_links.htm. It gets bombarded.

Also popular is the tools & calculators page with heaps of stuff being accessed or downloaded at http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au/index_files/tools_calculators.htm.

Finally, the product descriptions also get a load of hits at http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au/index_files/product_types.htm.

Most of this stuff will be moving to my adviser site when it becomes operational in the next few weeks.

What I do not understand is your Jenman style tactics in this forum. It will only work against you in my opinion.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

@wealth4life.com

I think your links page is totally out standing and is emence benefit to many people hence the activity you note.

Please no not Jenman, unfortunately IMHO when some one sets themselves up to be a crusader even a predistian comes under attack.

If you want a funny storey about him i know his boss when he first started in real estate, who said he couldn’t make a sale even if he put it on his own credit card, i wonder if thats why he is after so many people???

resi

@robbie-b

I would like to know why he is not being sued by all those he attacks.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

@wealth4life.com

Robert i think he is, i for one would not like to live in his world.

Although i believe in making the public aware of scammers i notice that some of these do gooders get carried away with their own self inportance, well in their own mind anyway.

I really get peeved with people that always come up with problems but are short on giving solutions. That is why i like this site because on the whole most people hear want to help.

resi

Participant
    @ausprop

just getting back to weak vs strong AUD… implications of a weak curency:

– lazy exporters can make a sale
    – encourages tourists
    – gives the RBA room to increase interest rates
    – increases the cost of imported machinery and items like aircraft…. makes the nation unproductive and feeds inflation

benefits of a strong currency:

– weeds out the exporters that can produce commoditites the world wants rather than just what the world can afford
    – increases our standard living (can afford more)

Price is NOT the only factor in making a sale. consider a base model mercedes, a horrible underpowered car whipped up in South Africa yet they sell by the truck load. The reason people buy them is status and perceived quality, regardless of price, despite the fact that your average corolla is on the whole a better motor.

dmichie – I think you should volunteer to devalue your bank account against mine. Then I can pay you to work 60 hours a week and I will cut back to 30 hours a week.

also can you think of a leading OECD country that has a weak currency? the only one that comes close in my mind is Canada. this makes Australia somewhat of an anomoly and probably exposes a nasty truth… our economy is not a ‘developed economy’.

John – 0419 198 856

@dmichie
    can you think of a leading OECD country that has a weak currency?

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Participant
    @ausprop
    Originally posted by dmichie:

can you think of a leading OECD country that has a weak currency?

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

cmon – that’s hardly weak….

I believe the true value of the USD is about 1 AUD

John – 0419 198 856

@dmichie
    benefits of a strong currency:
    weeds out the exporters that can produce commoditites the world wants rather than just what the world can afford

I hope you meant products rather than commodities, because one of Australia’s big economic problems is we only export commodities rather than more sophisticated products and services. This is the main reason why the AUD is so high at the moment – because commodity prices are high, due to demand from China.

dmichie – I think you should volunteer to devalue your bank account against mine. Then I can pay you to work 60 hours a week and I will cut back to 30 hours a week.

If the AUD dropped by 50% tomorrow my income (in AUD terms) would double. So yes, I’d be more than happy for that to happen.

– lazy exporters can make a sale

Laziness works both ways. A strong currency means imports are cheap. Its much easier for a local business to simply import a product rather than develop and manufacture the product locally. Eventually you end up with an economy where nothing is produced locally, and our export income depends on good prices for stuff we dig up out of the ground. Problem is, commodity prices are notoriously volatile and when commodity prices fall, we will have no export industry and CAD of mammoth proportions.

@dmichie
    cmon – that’s hardly weak….

What planet are you on exactly? Have you looked at a chart of the USD vs any major currency over the past three years? Downhill all the way baby. That’s what happens when you have stupendous CAD and a horrendous budget deficit.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.