All Topics / Help Needed! / Anyone investing in Craigieburn (VIC) area?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of JenDJenD
    Participant
    @jend

Hi all,

My partner and I are currently looking at investing in a property in Craigieburn (Victoria), and was wondering if anyone else out there is investing in this area and has any thoughts on it. It seems there are quite a few very different areas which we’ve investigated: the older area – by the shops and train transpost; the new estates; and the semi-new estates which are near the “proposed” new town center and other brand new estates. We are wondering if anyone has had more or less success in any of these areas. So far, we are not interested in the brand new estates, but are looking more closely at areas close to them or near the planned new town center area where the properties seem to have a bit more land (some with plans, or plans and permits for another unit) – has anyone found much success in these types of investments in the Craigieburn area? Any advice at all would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Jen

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

Jen
    You could find better areas to invest in.
    These far northern suburbs will get very little capital growth over the next few years.

What attracts you to this area. We are buying properties for investors all over Melbourne http://www.buyingmelbourne.com.au and I don’t remember anyone asking us to look out there.

As to proeprties with devlopment potential…its hard to make them “stck up” with low end values that you can achieve in Craigebrun.

Look for areas with a history of strong capital growth

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.