All Topics / Help Needed! / good suburb bad suburb

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Profile photo of neo25x5neo25x5
    @neo25x5

john, my point exactly! This area does have potential and the changes are evident as each year passes.

Profile photo of underd0gunderd0g
    @underd0g
    Originally posted by mja:

Originally posted by cashpoor:

Thanks for the replys.
    The criteria for excluding suburbs is high crime &/or problem tennents.Example would be riots in Macquire Fields in Sydney.
    Thank you for your help.
    Regards
    Cashpoor

There is a very high percentage of public housing out there…

— M.

Yes, there is. There is also a very high percentage of uninformed ignorant “Holier-than-thou” types which are posting on this thread. Actually take a trip out to Campbelltown (including Mac fields, and other “bad areas”) and you will see the value out here. So much untapped potential. So many arrognat investors overlooking it.

Profile photo of neo25x5neo25x5
    @neo25x5

don’t worry nick!!! more for us mate :)

Profile photo of LuciLuci
    @luci

Can’t remember where I read it, but there was some research done on tenancies that found that regardless of whether you rent to wealthy high paid people at the top end of the market or poorer people at the bottom, the chances of rental default were the same.

Certainly, in building circles (my partner’s a builder) the clients you have to look out for are the lawyers. They may have plenty of money, but some of them will find any loophole in the book to string you out. It’s a matter of ethics rather than $

I.E. avoiding poorer suburbs doesn’t protect you from bad tennants.

Equally, I don’t think crime rates are a big issue for an IP. If there are more house break ins than usual… it’s not you who’s living there. The tenant has already chosen to live in the area before they find your rental, so the crime rate obviously isn’t of concern to them. And, you can always install a security system.

The second part of the tenancy research did show that renting to the bottom end of the market resulted in a greater chance of property damage. This might be a turn off away from poorer areas, but if proper checks of the tenant are done before selection then this risk should be minimal. Equally, you could choose to buy a higher quality house in the same area, therefor not renting to the very bottom of the market.

Each to their own.

Profile photo of pg2005pg2005
    @pg2005
    Originally posted by nkibel:

Hi Cashpoor

I would stay away from the city and docklands and southbank. I think in time docklands will be good however presently its a construction site.
    Middle ring suburbs are also good such as Hawthorn Camberwell ect.

I completely agree with the comment about Docklands and Southbank. The vacancy rate is huge and I think it will be quite a long time before the place is fully established. In time I think it will be a fantastic CBD waterfront location.

Can’t agree that Hawthorn and Camberwell are good value. They are not middle band suburbs, they are in the top 10 most expensive suburbs in melbourne and property is highly prized, plus they are within 7kms of the CBD.

In my opinion suburbs like Brunswick, Chadstone, Murrumbeena, Burwood, Ashwood, Ashburton, Blackburn, Glen Waverley, and Mount Waveryley are good value. They are middle ring suburbs and not full of $million+ homes (and numerous mansions) like Hawthorn and Camberwell.

Brunswick seems like particularly good value. It is within 4kms of the city, near fantatic Lygon Street precinct, near Melbourne Uni, and RMIT uni. I think it’s starting to become very trendy and an alternative for young professionals who find themselves unable to afford to buy in the inner-eastern suburbs where they grew up.

Profile photo of pjc2005pjc2005
    @pjc2005

new to this site, looking to buy a house in Padbury, Craigie, Beldon, Hamersley, Greenwood, Maragaroo under $250K, does any one know what these suburbs are like?? Where can i find info like suburb profiles, growth rates, crime rates etc? Ive been to all the usual ones ie reiwa etc.
    Any help much appreciated…

Profile photo of Shelley D.Shelley D.
    @shelley-d.

Do you mean Goodna?

Do you have any suggestions of good locations in Queensland?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.