All Topics / Opinionated! / Numbers and quality on this site dropping

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 84 total)
  • Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

I am noticing that the quality questions have gone from this site, or is it just me.

Is it that there are a lot of very young people who are confused and don’t know where to start??

What is the most dominant age here 17 – 25 ??????

How many people own investments here ???????

Who is just getting started ???????

How many still live at home ???????

How many experts with no money buts lots of info ??????

Any real developers ??????

Any builders ???????

How many authors ???????

How many snoops tooooo scard to answer ???????

If there are 39,000 members and only 50 on at a time then the percentage is quite depressing, or am I seeing the picture in the wrong light.

resiwealth

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Resi, it is common for the same questions or even questions you believe to be silly appear on a website like this. As it gets busier and busier and more people join, it will become even more common. It is the nature of the internet.

Experience levels differ so greatly. Not everyone knows how to do a search or how to retrieve older threads. They get in and feel excited that they found a place full of useful (and some not so useful) information where they can ask their questions and receive responses. Patience is a virtue in internet discussion forums.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

Investor Links

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

TMA i totally disagree

For one u have not answered the questions i posted.

Secondly i believe that the people coming on are smart and web savy, so know how to search archives.

Thirdly i see the numbers dropping from the on liners (currently 43 at 7pm, peak time)

How can it b getting busier when the numbers are dropping, or getting bored??

resiwealth

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

This question gets asked every 6 months or so…

Thing is- who cares how much money people have, what their ages are, or if they live at home? Everyone is at different stages. Not all of us wanted to become builders or mortgage brokers- people choose all different kinds of professions- some of them have nothing to do with property- but they fund property acquisitions.

I personally find the questions to be very patronising. New people are just as welcome here as people who are on here to drum up business in other ways.

Why not start up an advanced forum somewhere, resiwealth, where people with a certain minimum wealth, age minimum, and ego-minimum can go and one-up each other? This forum is for all.

kay henry

@robbie-b
    Originally posted by resiwealth:

Is it that there are a lot of very young people who are confused and don’t know where to start??

It might be. That is what this forum is for isn’t it? It is a great starting point for any new investor.

What is the most dominant age here 17 – 25 ??????

Don’t know.

How many people own investments here ???????

Don’t know.

Who is just getting started ???????

Don’t know.

How many still live at home ???????

Don’t know.

How many experts with no money buts lots of info ??????

Don’t know.

Any real developers ??????

Yes.

Any builders ???????

Yes.

How many authors ???????

Don’t know.

How many snoops tooooo scard to answer ???????

Don’t know.

If there are 39,000 members and only 50 on at a time then the percentage is quite depressing, or am I seeing the picture in the wrong light.

Many people join just for the newsletter. Many others come on at different times. In case you were not aware, the internet is international and runs across all time zones. Some come and go as they need it. Who cares???

I hope my answers satisfy your desire.

There are more people who use the internet that only know the very basics. Let them learn in their own time. Is it really a big problem for you?

Regarding you seeing numbers dropping, why don’t you send an email to admin asking for this information and update all of us. I am sure they will know what is actually happening numbers wise.

As for your last question, just because membership increases does not mean posting will increase. I do recall an event at the beginning of this year that drove a huge amnount of traffic to this site. That has now mostly subsided. This may explain your perceived drop in numbers.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Profile photo of BenedictJBenedictJ
    Participant
    @benedictj

Nicely answered Robert – I enjoy reading your comments. As you can see this is my first post. I have been visiting this site every night since I found it and have not posted previously as had nothing to contribute to the impressive wealth of knowledge here. This is not snooping! It is simply taaking time to learn and absorb. Everyone is going to use this amazing resource differently.

@robbie-b

Hi Benedict and congratulations on ‘coming out of the closet’!!! :)

My girlftiend is in very much the same situation as you. She was reading the site for a while before recently becoming a member. I am very happy that she does spend time reading many of the posts here. (HI BABY!!!)

Anyway, the reason I get defensive about posts like that from resiwealth is because it might delay her decision to begin posting here which would be a disaster!

Hopefully you keep posting.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Profile photo of Matt RMatt R
    @matt-r

I agree with mortgage advisor. I live at home, have no property, just getting started, not a developer, builder, or author. However does this mean i am not welcome here? The internet is about spreading knowlege. Yes people can look up archives, but by the same token, first time posters feel more involved if they actually ask their own questions. Also the information in archives can be out of date. If a person wants to know what area to invest in, and looks this up in the archives, then they will not get proper information.

Matt R (Gold Coast)

Profile photo of Just LearningJust Learning
    @just-learning

Hi Benedict (Are you the Pope, lol)

Like you I am a long time lurker, long time learner but rarely post because there are so many guru’s here that know their stuff alot more than I. Whats that saying “better to remain silent and appear to be a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt”.. something like that. I have found that following the threads is very educational and if I had something constructive to add I would.

Having said that I can understand how the elders of this forum laugh/cry/get irritated by continual newbie posts along the lines of “hi I’m 18 and new to this cash flow positve property stuff, can someone please tell me how I can start making $1m pa starting tommorrow”‘

Even at my stage I’ve got to laugh/cry/think to self “go away and come back when you grow up”/ think to self “hang on.. its people like me and my generation that brought people like that into this world.” God help us when the next generation is running the planet, lol. They think they know everything but when it comes to reality its like..” oh, huh…whats this mean… theres nothing about that recorded on my IPOD”

regards,

Paul

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

I think it might be of benefit to some to remember that Steve has provided this website for free? If you beg to differ with it, then feel ‘free’ to sit back, be young and confused and watch ‘Ray Martin’ which is also free! (Oh my God! I do have a choice!).
    Gatsby!

Profile photo of marsdenmarsden
    @marsden

Have I missed the point of this thread? A few years ago property was booming and so was this forum. Now property investing is a calculated long term plod and the lively money has gone elsewhere and, presumably, they are communicating on other forums. The “vested interests”, mtge brokers, real estate agents are still here and happy to give free, unconditional advice.
    I guess it follows that the quality and frequency will also wane. This does not mean that everyone will abandon property as a form of investment. There are many sound reasons for buying property and as long as that is the case a forum such as this is worth its weight in gold.

Profile photo of IbuycashflowIbuycashflow
    Participant
    @ibuycashflow

I think most Newbies are welcome here regardless of age and experience. The whole concept is to exchange ideas, draw from others knowledge and learn from the experience.

I do however, see what resiwealth is on about when you see topics like this posted.

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/17306.html

Cheers
    Jeff

@robbie-b

In a cast of thousands, you will always get loonies or those with alterior motives.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Profile photo of Michael WhyteMichael Whyte
    @michael-whyte

Resi,

I still bounce back here every now and again, but have now pretty much gone over to the “dark side”, you know the site that cannot be named….

Its a lot more live and the investing strategy is more closely aligned to my own.

Maybe others also come in here via a search engine, find out about alternative forums then drift away to them?

Just a thought, and not dissing this site at all either! Its great if you’re a CF+ kinda investor.

Cheers,
    Michael.

@robbie-b

Michael, I find the unmentionable site too conservative and very sensitive. Everything is edited there. I consider it a Communist online society.

In the real world, especially in the business sector, people clash, do battle, argue, disagree, abuse, swear, etc… It is also cut-throat or dog eat dog. I am not saying allow all of this to happen in an online forum, but I think you have to show some latitude if you really want people to learn what it is really like in the real world.

As for decisions made by admin in either site, I think they are often very wrong and usually just follow what the loudest complainant minority want instead of the silent majority. This is the easy way out and the route often taken.

Michael, you know how many times I have been given the boot from both sites so I am speaking from experience.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Could be that this forum is very biased towards CF+ and wraps as these were Steve’s tools of the trade. There’s only so many times people can be bothered answering “Where are all the CF+ IP’s?”.

@robbie-b

I wonder what would happen if the RTA stopped providing information to young and upcoming teens seeking to get their licence because they decided that they had answered the question – what are the road rules? – more than enough times.

I believe this forum does a fantastic job when people who do not know each other go out of their way to help each other. I further believe that education is the most powerful tool for the ongoing success of the economy as a whole and people should not get upset when questions, even the repetitive ones or the simplest, are asked. The torch has to be passed somehow.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Indeed people need to learn, but not everyone wishes to be a teacher. Some look for stimulating discussions with contempories rather than blind devotion and platitudes.

@robbie-b

I can’t say I am aware of anyone demonstrating blind devotion but I certainly agree with platitudes. When the same question is answered over and over again, it must be expected.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Profile photo of Just LearningJust Learning
    @just-learning
    Originally posted by ANUBIS:

Could be that this forum is very biased towards CF+ and wraps as these were Steve’s tools of the trade. There’s only so many times people can be bothered answering “Where are all the CF+ IP’s?”.

.. thats what I was getting at in a subtle sort of way, if you have to ask those sort of questions you really should keep whatever cash you have in a bank cash management account. Stay away from the risks of investing in property.

Paul

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.