All Topics / General Property / WA – Projected growth of country regions

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of vernonvernon
    @vernon

Is there any website where I can get information regarding projected growth of various country areas in western australia?

I only know of REIWA, but they have information largely about the suburbs in Perth. I’m looking for country information.

Is there an organization I can contact?

Thanks

Profile photo of PeterMPeterM
    @peterm

Hi Vernon

YOu might like to try Residex – they sell reports on growth / rent return for various postcodes / areas.

Not sure if they cover WA, but worth a try on their website.

Property Investor MAgazine also run articles each month on various areas on each state, so subscription might be worht it.

Hope this helps!

Rgds
    Peter
    [cap]

Profile photo of Matt RMatt R
    @matt-r

try http://www.homepriceguide.com.au

click on the postcode snapshot up the top and enter the suburbs name or postcode.

Matt R (Gold Coast)

Profile photo of leilei
    @lei

Hi try femia property group. They have a website and the phone number is 0892026820. Thier fees may be a little expensive but whats worse spending alittle now and finding out the area is crap or going in spending heaps and loosing. Im waiting on call back from them. They are totally independant too which is good .

k

Profile photo of leilei
    @lei

Sorry forgot to mention calling the town planning department too. I found that say with Karratha the real estate agents are saying “THE TOWN IS BOOMING , SO MANY NEW PROJECTS ABOUT TO START”
    When i called town planning they told me everything is still in early stages nothing had been passed and your looking at, at least two to three years before anything is passed if at all.

k

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi there,

I also find Residex the best.

However we also get reports from local papers which provide useful comprehesive info.

Last report dated 27 Feb 2005 was excellent and I can give you a brief overview on report regarding Regional and CG over 12 month period.

Augusta-Harvey (All increase over 12 month change)
    Augusta – 33.3%
    Boyup Brook – 35.1%
    Bridgetown – 15%
    Bunbury – 20.6%
    Busselton – 33.5%
    Capel – 18.5%
    Collie – 16.9%
    Cowaramup -3.4%
    Donnybrook – 19%
    Dunsborough – 40.4%
    Harvey – 26.2%

Manjimup – Mount Barker (all increases over 12 month change)

Manjimup – 16.7%
    Margaret River – 20.3%
    Walpole – 9.0%
    Albany – 8.9%
    Denmark – 28.4%
    Kojonup – 9.8%
    Mount Barker – 28.9%

Waroona – (all increases over 12 month period)
    Coodanup – 15.4%
    Dawesville – 2.8%
    Dudley Park – 14.6%
    Falcon – 14.5%
    Greensfields – 13.9%
    Halls Head – 12.3%
    Mandurah – 8.9%
    Meadow Springs – 16.4%
    Pinjarra – 9.4%
    Ravenswood – 36.1%
    San Remo – 12.5%
    Silver Sands – 14.2
    Wannanup – 6.5%
    Waroona – 16.9

MID-WEST TOWNS (all increases over 12 month period)

Dongara/Denison 25.9%
    Kalbarri 17.2%
    Geraldton/Greenough 9.2%

GOLDFIELD TOWNS (all increases over 12 month period)

Hopetown – 35.7%
    Kambalda – 10.3%
    Kalgoorlie/Boulder 8.6%

WHEATBELT SUBURBS (all increases over 12 month period)

Guilderton – 37%
    Lancelin – 17.6%
    Cervantes – 13.6%

GASCOYE TOWNS (all increases over 12 month period)

Exmouth – 34%
    Carnarvon – 28.3%

PIBBARA TOWNS – top 3 over 12 month period
    Newman – 42.1%
    Onslow – 10%
    Karratha/Dampier 5.8%

If you would like data for 5 year period I can also provide this. Many still providing great CG.

Regards, M[biggrin]

PS
    If you happen to be interested in Mandurah, interesting article in latest API magazine.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Vernon,

I have a lot of data on rural WA built up over time, what areas are you interested in?

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop
    Originally posted by lei:

Sorry forgot to mention calling the town planning department too. I found that say with Karratha the real estate agents are saying “THE TOWN IS BOOMING , SO MANY NEW PROJECTS ABOUT TO START”
    When i called town planning they told me everything is still in early stages nothing had been passed and your looking at, at least two to three years before anything is passed if at all.

k

what the?? have they looked out their window lately?

http://www.woodside.com.au/NR/rdonlyres/e7wcfdugb5i2e6trfheho6wd2vhlwiuj6dqd3hntbaeoxeevbuqtqhufsxisukvdgt6h42rvextrro/Resource9.pdf

http://www.megainvestments.com.au

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of leilei
    @lei

Hi john i was talking about long term like the eco tourism etc. If you had read the above attachment you put in on woodside it states that projest is only going to last 4 months. Also under the careers of woodside youll see the majority of workbase is fly in fly out. This is not only cheaper for mining companies but when your paying between $450 and $550 per week for rent as a worker who works 12 hrs whether it be two on one off your working to pay rent. Its a lot more attractive to live in perth on afly in fly out basis. If you also look into mining companys youll see that the shift is gearing towards more and more fly in fly out because its cheaper for them. Newman is another keetle of fish.

k

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

well I won’t get into a debate over the virtues of a particular town, however the $20 billion gas contract with China is for 20 years. they have just made some exciting new discoveries which could substantially increase reserves. Process train 5 is a goer with BHP committing to the $1.6 billion project and number 6 is on the cards. the deal to export LNG to the west coast of the US is looking positive. there are many industries apart from gas of course. was also reading a week or so ago about the plans for – what was it… may have been a petrochemical plant or a fertiliser plant – think it was fertiliser. could be both.

rents are more likely $650 a week upwards now out of interest, not that anything is available. unfortunately FIFO workers don’t solve accommodation problems – as the head count you have still needs somewhere to sleep when they are there. you may be able to get away with dongas but these days the companies will pay virtually anything to get workers into these locations and they have to make the lifestyle pretty attractive. If anyone is looking for a job, check it out

http://www.megainvestments.com.au

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of suzieqsuzieq
    @suzieq

Vernon,

Try http://www.regional.wa.gov.au for various stats on country towns. I always find it helpful when researching. The other thing I tend to do is get onto the town’s shire council website and read their minutes…this has given me invaluable information at times. My very first couple of investment properties were in the country and I haven’t looked back since. Best of luck with it all.

sq[cap]

Profile photo of the.jthe.j
    @the.j

Hear Hear Ausprop,

FIFO is tedious from a personal point of view, economic point of view and a social point of view.

The ability to attract and retain quality staff is more difficult with an average staff churn at 3 years.

Economically, FIFO worker “A” may earn $100K, but there still are the costs of accomodation, catering and flights to consider in addition. Catering is usually around $15 per day, accomodation is around $70 and each 100 seater costs around $15000 per charter (~$150 a flight) – very roughly $30000 additional in direct costs.

Worker “B” earning $100K living in town would have a place rented out @ 650pw = $33800, may have a nominal $70 pw rent amount to contribute.

What if royalties paid to the WA governement by the resource companies ended up back in the towns themselves, Karratha for example – what kind of facilities do you think would exist????? Imagine having a copper sailed glass tugboat in Hampton Harbour? [party]
    – ah – that’s Dampier – where I have an IP[upsidedown]

Cheers
    J

Profile photo of leilei
    @lei

Hi guys im not saying karratha is a bad option for investing. My concerns for investing in that town at the moment is. Everyone is selling at high prices, now to me thats already saying not much of a bargain there, second of all if the rent is that high the only people who could continue paying that sort money would be govt agencies and the mining companies. As for fifo the social impact is horrendous but these companies dont give a <edited> how you feel thier there to make money and if fifo is cheaper then thats what they will do.That doesnt relate just to mining companies. I thik youll find that its the managers and supervisors who have theier rent subsidised including all thier utilities. The average worker may have some subsidies. I know in newman bhp get thier workers to ‘buy’ the houses they are renting and after acertain amount of years when the worker decides to leave they are reimburst the repayments. However then the house is already owned by bhp.
    I love the mining industry i used to work in it before i had my daughter. I think karratha is an ok place to invest in but for me thier are smarter investment opurtunities at the moment than going there. Also i know some of you have property up there for sale. i do respect your opinions and hope youll do the same

k

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.