All Topics / Help Needed! / What now ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of bacchubacchu
    Participant
    @bacchu

Ok now i have a land to build on my PPOR ? What now ? What is the best way to go about it ? Should i just consult an architect and draw up a plan and take it around for quotes ? My land is a bit slopy so one has to take that into account as well. Should i approach a builder to give me a quote after he has done a contour survey and drawn up plans ? Then i would have to buy the plans off the builder if we don’t go with him for an accurate quote from the others.
    What do you experts suggest ?
    Thanx

Profile photo of buzzwellsbuzzwells
    Participant
    @buzzwells

Start with an architect or draftsperson who knows the building zoning codes and restrictions that govern your land.

Draw up some plans to best maximise the land usage for your needs.

Lodge the Development Application with your council.

Engage the services of a builder.

Complete the development.

That’s putting it really simply! Or you could by a spec home from one of those housing-builder-package providers (you hear their adds on the radio) but beware you get what you pay for!!

You can even engage the services of a project management company to manage the entire project for you. I’ve never used them, nor no anybody who has, so I’m unsure if they are worth it.

Learn, Love, Strive. Make a difference!

Profile photo of debtdoggdebtdogg
    @debtdogg

Unless you are building something that requires a great deal of design, stick to a draftperson as oppossed to an architect. They are much cheaper usually but always ask for a quote.

If you are building using someone else’s plan and you don’t use them to build it, there may be copyright issues so be careful. Obviously you will need some concept as to your design so check out some display homes, make a note of the ideas (or take some digital photos) draw a rough sketch and see the draftsman.

It can be a lot of fun so enjoy it!

markk
    Happy Hunting
    http://www.kentscollections.com

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

You could always just go and visit some show home display villages, and if one pops out for you, then take it further.

There are plenty of builders and building companies that do sloping blocks well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.