All Topics / Overseas Deals / australians who wish to invest in New Zealand

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

It is important that if you have an interest in New Zealand you do your research first. There is no doubt that Nz is a great place to invest however there are a number of rules that you need to follow. I have been purchasing properties for clients for some time. Many people purchase in country areas, i prefer maim cities where you can still get great capital growth but also terrific cashflow. It is also impotant to set up the correct tax structures for without them you may end up with a serious tax problem. I also like established property. Given that there is no stamp duty I cannot see the point in purchasing over priced off the plan product mainly sold through marketing companies. Overall NZ is a wonderful country with far more incentives to save money than Australia, but please do your reseach before you purchase

regards

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of PropertytalkPropertytalk
    @propertytalk

Hello Nigel,

It’s beens some time since we’ve heard from you.

Yep NZ is still a great place to invest in property and with loads of investors doing so there’s oodles of information to assist you.

I would emphasise the ‘quality’ issue – not falling into the trap of buying low value high yield properties unseen as the hassles that go with it may taint your view of NZ as a place to invest.

Nigel knows his stuff – buys quality properties in good areas – you can’t go far wrong having a chat to him and there are a number of Australians providing ‘property finder’ services. Best to ensure that they actually site visit the properties on your behalf before purchasing, or that you get someone local to do so for you – plus the usual building inspection, and some recommend a LIM (umm I have yet to use one of them!) as your lawyer (make sure it’s a good one) will do the title search etc.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

Donna

[biggrin]

New Zealand property investment news & resources
    http://www.propertytalk.co.nz

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi All,

I’ll second Donna’s comments about Nigel. I actually had a chat with him last week and he is very knowledgable and it would definately be worthwhile for anyone interested in the NZ market to speak with him.

Regards
    Alistair

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.