All Topics / Help Needed! / Plumber in Melbourne wanted – any recommendations?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of xxxxxx
    @xxx

Can anyone please recommend a plumber in inner Melbourne? I’ve been using the same guy for about 2 years now and his prices are getting ridiculous!

I need someone who can do maintenance work in areas like Brunswick, Richmond, Sth Melbourne, Sth Yarra & St Kilda. As i’m now living further up the coast, i can’t do simple things like change tap washers ($76 from my current plumber), relight a pilot light on a HWS ($120) and repairing leaks etc.

Thanks for any recommendations for a plumber who is diligent and fair.

Profile photo of colbert1982colbert1982
    Participant
    @colbert1982

Hi there friend,

I have a property in the St Kilda area and just had a lot of work done my Michael from Plumbing Systems Incorporated & Partners Pty Ltd and would be more than happy to recommend Mike.

He resides in eltham so he is relatively close.

His number is (03) 9513 3508. Tell him Willo recommended you and he will look after you.

Cheers

Profile photo of MikeJacksonMikeJackson
    @mikejackson

I think we used him on a reno in Elwood if its the same guy. Tall with dark hair, has a small dog with him, then he is an excellent plumber. Good for lots of free advice and reasonble rates.

Profile photo of medemoz30084medemoz30084
    @medemoz30084

Try Steve from Waterworld Plumbing. I can recommend him. Mobile 0418326018.
    Jan

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hi Guys,
    Just thought I’d point out why it appears a lot of money to do what seems a simple job.
    Take the Plumber recommended from Eltham. You call him to relight your pilot light in St Kilda. To you it’s important that he gets there asap.
    It will take him at least half and hour to get there, do the job and get back again. That’s about an hour and half of his time. Usually after hours, as the tenant won’t be home until then.

Yes. okay, hubby is a plumber…
    Just this week he was called out to check out a wall heater that didn’t seem to be working properly.
    He gets there, about 6pm and asks the tenant what the problem is.
    “When i turn it on there’s a smell and the fan won’t come on”
    So he turns it on, it smells – (most people realise this is dust build up )- and then plugs in the fan and it works…..
    Pity the landlord!
    Cheers,
    Sue [biggrin]
    By the way, that was only $66 as it was on his way home.

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of Dees WinDees Win
    @dees-win

Diclem, If a tenant pulls that sort of thing on me, I charge them for the plumber. I think it is unreasonable for them to expect me (the landlord) to pay for trivial site visits. Passing it on to them when reasonable, encourages them to find a suitable solution before simply calling for help.
    Cheers
    Rob

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Sue,

I totally agree with you about the distance thing.

It doesn’t make any sense to use tradespeople from faraway suburbs when they will probably all charge a travel fee etc. I couldn’t blame them either. Time is money!

Can any of these minor jobs be done by a maintenance man?

Del [biggrin]

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hi Del,
    Good question, I do have the latest gas regulations on the bookshelf here somewhere, but I’m not looking through it to see if I need a licence to light a pilot light!
    No seriously, I doubt it. After all, these appliances do have instructions on them telling you how to light them.
    I know because I’m married to a plumber and of course I have to light my own pilot lights!!!
    I’m quite good at it now, mmmm I should do some of these call outs!
    So you could call a handyman but then, if he can’t light it, you might need to call a plumber and then you’ve got two bills to pay….
    Cheers,
    Sue [cap]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.