All Topics / Opinionated! / Rene Rivkin suicides.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

I was just about to reply to a post when I just got the end snippet on the news that Rene Rivkin has committed suicide.
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Yeah, I think that ever since his fall from grace, it has hurt him emotionally and mentally.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

Investor Links

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi Rob,
    There was an excellent documentary on the ABC a few months ago that interviewed his wife and son. Rene refused to take part, but it highlighted the toll his bipolar disorder had taken not only upon himself, but also his family. ABC may replay it now after this tragedy.
    Regards,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of the.jthe.j
    @the.j

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200505/s1357322.htm

Coincidentally, his photo was on the headlines of the AFR on Friday – bad timing or cause?

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

It’s a pity to see such an influential figure, however controversial, fall by the wayside. I hope his death is not in vain and more awareness of mental illness is recognised by the wider community. RIP

@gatsby

Ditto g7,
    Gatsby!

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

I find it interesting how many “high flyers”, when they fall from grace, seem to then collapse completely. It suggests an interesting level of connection between emotional and physical. Christopher Skase and Alan Bond are two others that come immediately to mind.

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of DimmickDimmick
    @dimmick

I think it is a terrible tragedy that anyone could take their own life but it also is a lesson to us that being rich does not make you happy.

I would also imagine that getting rich by being dishonest(not saying he did) or even having people think you were dishonest would eat away at you and make you unhappy which is also a lesson to all of us to take out of this terrible tragedy from a once very successful and rich member of our community.

@gatsby

Very valid points Dimmick!
    Cheers.
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Good post,

I have two questions,

1. Just how much money is enough to live a great life style and truley enjoy your family and friends.

2. Do you think there r differences between, Rivkin, Skase, Bond??

Is money the root of all evil or the lack of it the root of all evil, no matter how much you have.

resi

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

It seems a requirement of being totally rich that you have to participate in various illegal activity to either get there or stay there. So many tall poppies get knocked down these days.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

Investor Links

@gatsby

Hi Resi,
    I’m glad you thought it was a good post but I think your questions IMHO miss the point. Suicide is a mental health issue, not a ‘rental wealth issue’. Rene’s controversial suicide was only in the media due to his wealth. What about the rest?
    Gatsby.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.