All Topics / Help Needed! / How does one boost property investment optimism

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of Ash75Ash75
    Participant
    @ash75

[buz2]

Good afternoon all

I have previously invested in properties that are either positively geared or have potential for capital growth. As you are probably aware these properties, in the current market, are becoming like hens teeth so I have decided to investigate property development.

I have a number of interested investment partners, but require assistance in boosting their optimism. I thought by analysing potential properties for development, through a feasibility study and providing them with a critical path analysis it may resolve their skepticism and provide a solid base to improve their property development knowledge.

Does anyone have an example feasibility study and critical path analyses, or know of cheap software that will assist. I have reasonable knowledge on the subdivision and development process, but would appreciate your valued response.

Thanks

Ash75

Profile photo of neo25x5neo25x5
    @neo25x5

in the current issue of API there is a pretty good write-up on feasibility studies for small developments including steps on how to write one up, particularly if youre presenting one to prospective financier’s etc. Eric.

Profile photo of Ash75Ash75
    Participant
    @ash75

Thanks Eric

I have read the article in API’s May edition, that’s what prompted me to write in the forum. I have also read John Forlee’s book on property development in Australia, a great book which provided a substancial amount of information. I am now looking to put things into practice and perhaps are seeking advice on the practical aspects on making things work.

Thank for the info.

Ash75

Profile photo of neo25x5neo25x5
    @neo25x5
    Profile photo of Lily KLily K
    @lily-k

sorry I am newbie, where can I get the API article, what is API stand for? Sorry I am new in IP.

[email protected]

Profile photo of Ash75Ash75
    Participant
    @ash75

Lily

The API is the Australian Property Investor’s magizine, it comes out monthly and can be picked up at your local newsagency.

http://www.apimagazine.com.au/

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

API stand for Australian Property Investor. This is available at any newsagent or do a Google search to find their web address and you can subscribe online.

A great mag with lots of info.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Jenny1

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

I believe a few people use a software packgae called ‘Devfeas’ to do feasibility studies on their property developments.

Look at http://www.devfeas.com.au

If your ‘would be’ partners are first timers it may be that the step you are ready to take (based on your previous experiences) is just too big a leap for them at the beginning of their investment journey.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Ash,

You are doing a similar thing to us.

We are going to attend Michael Yardney’s ‘Real World’ Real Estate Workshop. It is in June.

I am so excited about it, I believe it will be the best money we will ever spend on a seminar.

If you are serious about getting into this field, then it is probably money well spent. It appears to be extremely in depth with excellent speakers!

http://www.metropole.com.au

Good luck,
    Del

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com

Profile photo of Lily KLily K
    @lily-k

THANKS EVERYONE! i AM GOING TO GET ONE TOMORROW

[email protected]

Profile photo of WendyWendy
    @wendy

Hi Ash
    I have been an agent for 10 years and of late have some some property developers take some hard hits due to the changing market…..just be sure to check the figues and do your home work twice on the location.

Good Luck

Ian

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

API,great article in there too about a couple in Coffs on page 48……..dum de dum de dum.

DD

oh yeah the 50 top tips has 4 renos listed too. And a really nice picture[biggrin]

Buyers Agent (Dip Financial Services(FP)
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.