All Topics / Legal & Accounting / After a depreciation schedule….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

I have had a depreciation schedule done on my property and now have bought other needed items.

Can my accountant work out how to depreciate these items? [blink]

Jenny1

Profile photo of KanaKana
    @kana

Hi Jenny1,

If he is a decsent accountant he/she will have no problems depreciating Newly aquired items !!

Just as a matter of interest how much did your Quantity Surveyor charge for your depreciation schedule ? My son has a property and he has owned it for 1 1/2 years and I have been trying to get him to get a schedule completed ??

Cheers

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Hi jjwil105!

Thanks for your reply.

In reply to your question I have found that prices can vary. The first property(ACT)cost $550 the latest (also in ACT) $440 and the other 2 I asked and got quoted $650 (both in QLD).

These depreciations are all ATO complient.

Hope this helps, should think the depreciators are getting busy now drawing close to tax time.

[biggrin]

Cheers

Jenny1

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Yes Jenny, we are all getting busy. June is our biggest month as people want to pay for their schedule (100% deductible) before the financial year ends.
    We have a new facility for clients we have done schedules for. It’s an on-line portal that allows them to amend their schedule when they have made changes to the property. The cost is $49. If it’s only a couple of items, an accountant will take care of it. If it’s a reno, you may be best to go back to whoever prepared the schedule.
    Scott

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Profile photo of shorter27816shorter27816
    @shorter27816

WE have just had a quantity surveyor report done on a house in Brisbane. The cost was $440 and done by Deppro Pty Ltd http://www.deppro.com
    Regards
    Lee

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I’d use depreciator from this site, after all..you have continued access to him.

I’ve used Deppro on my IP’s but would’t have a clue who conducted the work and i definetly don’t get continued feeedback from them..

I’ll be using Depreciators services next time..

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Thanks Redwing.
    We get alot of people coming to us for their second schedule.
    Of course our constant challenge is getting people to come to us for their first schedule. It’s tough when we don’t really attempt to compete on price – ‘service’ is a hard sell. Oh well.
    Interestingly, more than 50% of our business now comes via accountants i.e. they’ve seen what we do and recommend us to their clients.

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.